MISSION STATEMENT: To provide a forum to educate and to inform about various current local, state and national political issues; to provide a forum for candidates running for office to inform and educate about their platform; to provide a forum for attendees to discuss and make informed decisions that promote the Conservative cause and citizen participation in government.
Conservative Talk Lunch
April 28, 2021
|Mark Your Calendars|
|Daily & Weekly|
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at http://bit.ly/14EQcg. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) Dan Mason Show. Also live-streamed at http://bit.ly/14EQcg. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 10:00-12:00 noon, 99.1 FM (KKFT), Monica Jaye Show. Call in 775-884-9910.
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NevadaPatriot@gmail.com.
* Every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 pm, CEO Business Mind on 1180 AM with Joe Morabito and re-broadcast on weekends. Follow Joe’s blog, ceobusinessmind.com.
* Every Sunday, 5pm, Chewy & Jugs, 3635 Kings Row (NW corner of Kings Row & McCarran). Conservative Dinner. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g45992-d826218-Reviews-Chewy_and_Jugs-Reno_Nevada.html
|* Thur, Apr 29, 7:00pm, Spirit-filled Church, 3175 Goldy Way, Sparks. Republican Women of Reno (RWR) sponsors Sheriff Richard Mack, Constitutional Sheriff from Arizona. $25/per person. RSVP: www.rwreno.org |
* Mon, May 3, 9:30am, 1001 E. 9th St, Bldg A, Washoe County Commission Special Meeting to determine whether or open the County and how. Meeting starts at 10; important to be there in person at 9:30.
* Tue, May 4, 6:00pm, Location TBA, Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA) meeting.
* Wed, May 5, 4:00-7:00pm, Del Real Pub & Grill, 6148 MaeAnne, Republican Women of Reno (RWR)’s Cinco de Mayo event. $20, choice of 4 menu items. https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4268004.
* Sat, May 8, 5:00-10:00pm, Renaissance Hotel, 1 South Lake, Washoe County Republican Party Lincoln Day Dinner. Program: Capt Sam Brown, who was badly injured in Iraq and has overcome unbelievable odds to be the man he is today. $200/per person. RSVP at washoegop.org.
* Tue, May 11, 9:30am, 1001 E. 9th St, Bldg A, Washoe County Commission regular meeting. Meeting starts at 10; important to be there at 9:30am.
* Wed, May 12, 10:45 to dine/11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, May 13, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Las Vegas Attorney Sigal Chattah, who sued to open churches and won and who is running for Attorney General. $35/members, $40/non-members, $20/1st timers. RSVP by May 6 to https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4163857
* Fri, May 14, 4:30-6:00pm, 3652 S. Virginia, Ste C-9, Washoe County Republican Party Social. FREE food, drinks. Come mingle with like-mindeds in a strictly social atmostphere.
* Sat, May 15, 8:00am, Sparks Nugget, West parking lot, Freedom Rally. Lander County was the first county to open fully without restrictions. We will rally all the way to Lander County. Fernley and Fallon ralliers will fold in along the way. At high noon, Battle Mountain, NV, AZ Sheriff Richard Mack (Ret.) will represent the Constitutional Sheriffs & Peace Officers Assn and present a plaque to Lander County. Other guests include Joey Gilbert, Dr. Simone Gold, Freedom Angels and many NV Sheriffs.
Join in a day of celebration with speakers, music, BBQ, bounce house, horseshoes, swimming, basketball, volleyball, vendors in Elquist Park. RSVP to Melanie Sutton, 775-313-5288.
* Tue, May 18, 10:30 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: TBD. $25/member; $30/non-member. RSVP: www.republicanmensclub.org.
* Fri, May 21, 9:00-11:00, 1301 Cordone (downstairs conference room), Republican Women of Reno (RWR) Workshop: Personal Safety & Awareness with Sheriff Darin Balaam, Sandra Linares and Vicki Kawelmacher. $11 includes breakfast. RSVP by May 19th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Wed, May 26, 10:45 to dine/11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Fri, June 4, 7:00-8:30pm, Spirit Filled Church, 3175 Goldy Way, Sparks, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) Speakers Bureau. Program: Heartland Institute President James Taylor presenting the case for fighting back against the Big Tech cartel and how to do it. $20/early bird General Admission ($25 after May 28), $100 VIP includes: 2 tickets, reserved seating and a “Meet & Greet” with Mr. Taylor. Payment must be received prior to event. No walk-ins. RSVP to https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/events or contact Kathy Doyle, email@example.com or 415-823-1755.
* Tue, June 22, 10:30 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: Assemblywoman Annie Black. $25/member; $30/non-member. RSVP: www.republicanmensclub.org.
Pledge of Allegiance
April 29 – RWR Speakers’ Bureau: Sheriff Richard Mack (see above for details)
May 3 – Special County Commission meeting (see above for details)
May 5 – RWR Cinco de Mayo event (see above for details)
May 8 – Lincoln Day Dinner (see above for details)
May 11 – Washoe County Commission meeting (see above for details)
May 14 – Republican Party 2nd Friday Social (see above for details)
May 15 – Freedom Rally to Battle Mountain, NV (see above for details)
May 18 – Republican Men’s Club (see above for details)
May 21 – RWR Workshop on Personal Safety & Awareness (see above for details)
June 4 – RWR Speakers’ Bureau: James Taylor of the Heartland Institute (see above for details)
June 22 – Republican Men’s Club: Assemblywoman Annie Black (see above for details)
|Melanie Sutton & Cindy Martinez – there is a Special Meeting of the County Commission on Monday, May 3 to decide on what “opening” protocol to adopt. It was brought up by Dave Steele that the Commission is only a piece of the puzzle of several other entities (Reno City Council, Sparks City Council and the County Health Dept) and it is very easy to pass the buck and be unable to pass anything because the other entities must also approve it. Kevin Dick, the APPOINTED Public Health Officer at the Health Dept seems to be particularly adept at quoting and following Gov Sisolak’s edicts versus thinking on his own. So when we go to the Commission meeting on Monday, we must address this. Mr. Dick is appointed, doesn’t answer to the public, as do the Commissioners and it’s high time they pay attention to their constituents.|
As always, if you cannot be in attendance, it would be good to let the Commissioners hear from you directly about opening our County and not be cow-towed by a non-elected appointee who is in the Governor’s back pocket.
Chairman Bob Lucey, 775-328-2012
Vice Chair Vaughn Hartung, 775-328-2007
Commissioner Alexis Hill, 775-328-2011 / 775-447-3017 (Cell)
Commissioner Kitty Jung, 775-560-7152
Commissioner Jeanne Herman, 775-501-0002
Jeff Church – is unable to discuss School Board matters, but wanted us aware of BIDs and SADs. BID = Business Improvement District and SAD = Special Assessment District. BIDs affect businesses, residents and churches in the downtown area, who will be charged extra assessments for the purpose of fixing the homeless problem. SADs affect others for the same purpose. Please be aware of those. More plaintiffs who are residents or business owners in that area are needed to help bolster the case against them with the City. Contact Jeff, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The District still wants public input into the curriculum and the deadline has been extended to May 3. Here is the link to Washoe County School District (WCSD) that proposes Social Justice training starting in KINDERGARTEN and the curriculum includes Critical Race Theory, Climate Change, LGBQT and a myriad of other anti-USA issues. Please make your voice know and let them hear from you! https://www.washoeschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=16726
[For an explanation of what Critical Race Theory is, there is an excellent article in the Hillsdale College publication “Imprimis” in the issue that just came out March, 2021. This is a clear, cogent and thoughtful explanation of its origins and what it really means. https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/critical-race-theory-fight/ – Carole]
Bruce Parks – announced the ONLINE petition seeking Jeff Church’s resignation was started by a woman named Rachel Fisher, who is an elementary schoolteacher employed by the WCSD. Online petitions have no bearing whatsoever and isn’t this a conflict of interest?
Valerie White – Joey Gilbert is collecting affidavits from parents, grandparents, teachers in WCSD to bolster his potential lawsuit against the District. If you know someone, kindly have them get in touch with Joey at www.joeygilbert.com/openschools. Joey Gilbert is doing this pro bono, but there are filing fees and staff to pay and documents to print, literature to publish for the public, etc. If you wish to donate to the effort, go to www.joeygilbert.com/openschools.
Janine Hansen – Some miracles have occurred in the Legislature, where one would have thought none existed. Janine credits our writing in and calling in with that.
GOOD THINGS THAT HAPPENED
All bills that would have increased taxes or car registrations in Washoe died. DEAD
SB102 – ensures children must be 5 years old to enter Kindergarten, which is a good thing, is moving forward. PASSED
AB356 – set up a whole legal system within the schools to investigate, adjudicate sexual misconduct died. DIED
AB255 – appoints 3 of 7 school board members in Clark & Washoe rather than elect them. DEAD.
SB395 – allows 11 smallest rural counties to raise property taxes. MOVING FORWARD
SJR11 – urges Congress to ratify the 1979 UN Treaty (pro-abortion, anti-motherhood, anti-woman, anti-US), even though the US has never passed it. Six Senate Republicans voted for it: Buck, Goicoechea, Hammond, Hardy, Keickhefer, Gansert.
AB321 – codifies the miserable AB4 that passed last summer in a special session in the middle of the night and brought us mail-in ballots for an emergency, which is open season on fraud. This bill seeks to make mail-ins forever and always… a very expensive proposition for NV. PASSED COMMITTEE
AB376 – makes NV a sanctuary state for illegals. PASSED COMMITTEE
AB395 – abolishes death penalty. PASSED ASSEMBLY along party lines
AJR10 – raises minimum wage to $12 unless Federal Govt raises it higher. PASSED ASSEMBLY along party lines.
AJR3 – Global Warming resolution that takes 30% of NV land and 30% of NV water, locked up by federal govt. Aligns with Agenda 2020 and Agenda 2030, which seeks to own 30% of land by 2030 and 50% by 2050. PASSED full ASSEMBLY
AB286 – created gun-free zones, limits our 2nd Amendment rights. Originally prohibited firearms in any real property owned or operated by a person with a non-restricted gaming license (casinos, hotels and any associated businesses), but that clause was stricken from the bill. However, it also makes illegal any firearms without serial numbers, including antique guns or kit guns (make it yourself) and that clause still remains. PASSED ASSEMBLY
SJR8 – Equal Rights Amendment, which is anything but equal. Allows co-ed bathrooms, showers, locker rooms and sports, even on so-called girls’ teams. Forces taxpayers to pay for abortions and challenges our religious freedom. Age of consent laws that protect children from sexual predators could be overturned. This PASSED BOTH CHAMBERS IN 2019 and BOTH CHAMBERS IN 2021, so it will go before the public at the ballot box of 2022. It will be quite an uphill battle because it sounds good on the surface.
Very easy to Share your Opinion:
Janine also let us know about a rally at the Capitol happening on May 6 and another on election integrity happening at the Capitol on May 22, but she didn’t know details. Watch this space; I’ll try to gather info.
Bill Tarbell – provided us with some words of wisdom. A thought he had: the January 6th incident at the Capitol was nearly immediately called an “insurrection” by every member of the mainstream media. How did they come to call it that so uniformly and so immediately? Because it was planned all along by the Deep State.
Bill is in the process of relocating to Kanab, UT for personal and political reasons. On April 10, there was a rally with one of the Bundy sons present, over 100 in attendance, not a mask to be seen. Kanab has never slowed down or closed anything as a result of COVID. Bill will be building his own outreach program pertaining to the family.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:00am for food, 11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & tip.
If you want to reach me, please do NOT reply to this email, as I don’t get to Outlook very often.
My preferred address is email@example.com, which is checked every day, several times a day.
~ Carole Fineberg