CONSERVATIVE TALK LUNCH (CTL)
Wednesday, July 13, 2022
11:00-1:30pm for meeting
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) Dan Mason Show. Also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Tuesday, 12:00noon, Scheels Conference Room (upstairs), In-Person Constitution Study Group, led by Richard “Dick” Westrup, 775-747-1238 or email@example.com
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NEVADAPATRIOT@GMAIL.COM.
* Every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 pm, CEO Business Mind on WWW.TALKZONE.COM, which can be accessed online anytime.
- Thur, July 14, 11:00am, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) monthly meeting. Program: Ron Knecht, former State Controller and currently a Senior Policy Fellow at the Nevada Policy Research Institute. Mr Knecht will provide his views on the recent Primary election. $30/members; $35/non-members; $20/first timers all registered by 7/7. After 7/7, add $5 to every category.
- Thur, July 14, 5:00pm, Ruby River Steak House, 2750 S. Virginia, Fundraiser for Eddie Lorton. No host dinner; Campaign will provide wine and dessert. RSVP to Lynn Gillespie, 805-468-9635. Visitwww.eddielorton.com for details or to donate.
- Wed, July 27, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, firstname.lastname@example.org 775-622-9811.
- Tue, Aug 2, 5:00pm potluck/6:00pm meeting, 1301 Cordone (lower level), Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA). Program: Bruce Parks, Washoe County Republican Party Chairman.
- Wed, Aug 10, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, email@example.com 775-622-9811.
- Thur, Aug 11, 11:00am, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) monthly meeting. Program: TBD. $30/members; $35/non-members; $20/first timers all registered by 7/7. After 7/7, add $5 to every category.
- Wed, Aug 24, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, firstname.lastname@example.org 775-622-9811.
Debbie Hudgens – Eddie Lorton Fundraiser on Thursday, July 14 @ Ruby River Steakhouse, 2750 S. Virginia, 5:00-8:00pm. RSVP to Lynn Gillespie, 805-468-9635.
Joe Morabito is moving to McKinney, TX next month. Has 410 shotgun shells and is giving them away. He has an email list of 1000 and will continue using that list to send out political info from TX.
We must elect the conservatives to the School Board. We cannot make America great again if we don’t take back the School Bd. Beth Smith got 66% of the vote and Angie Taylor got 66% of the vote in her Assembly race. It seems very suspicious.
New Superintendent Susan Enfield came from a district in WA state that had worse scores than we do. Our School Bd has hired 3 past superintendents that have failed. Enfield is the fourth.
The LGBTQIA agenda is alive and well at WCSD. It is more of a social movement than anything else. It is “cool” and acceptable to be part of the LGTBQ community and those who are not are bullied.
Morabito Misery Index: If the price of a gallon of gas + the price of a pound of bacon is > $10 = watch the victory for Republicans in November.
Kenji Otto – Kenji and Jim Benthin will be helping the 3 candidates for County Commission (Jeanne Herman, Mike Clark and Denise Myer) and are talking to the Sch Bd candidates. There is a strategy being planned and developed for the County Comm. The 3 afore-mentioned candidates are all trying to make this a much better county without corruption. Stickers for Jeanne Herman are available. We need to push her. The Dems are dropping $$millions into the Marxists running against our candidates for these positions, funded out of Washington, DC. Wendy Leonard and Mo Moselle are backing the Dem running against Jeanne Herman. They need to be censored so they cannot keep doing this.
There is a concerted effort to corrupt the Registrar of Voters even more than that office now is. Kenji wants to split the voter rolls database into “Active” and “Inactive” databases. The Active should be locked. The Active database should be compared to the Assessor’s database and the Coroner’s database.
Washoe Envision 2040 – Kenji has a meeting next week with the person in charge and is working with County Manager Eric Brown. Kenji wants to keep track of it and wants to have input. The Planning Commission is not in on this; this is another group altogether. Kenji wants to be the “back door” who will ensure some input that will makes some sense.
The 3 School Bd candidates are each doing their own thing and the insider bickering in the R Party is keeping them not working together. They need to work together to all get elected. Melanie Sutton is on board with Kenji and Jim Benthin, but the others (Graeme Reid and Colleen Westlake) not so much.
John DelFavero – we all need to be watching for September 3, 2022. According to federal law, all election materials are able to be deleted 22 months after the election. Nov 3, 2020 -> forward 22 months makes it Sept 3, 2022. If we cannot have something happen to stop that deletion of election materials on Sept 3, our country will forever be lost.
Lynn Chapman – The NV Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) will be Question 1 on the ballot in November. Lynn and Jeanine Hansen have worked tirelessly to have correct info in the Sample Ballot to represent the “con” side. A Political Action Committee (PAC) has been set up to get flyers and get the word out. Volunteers are needed to help get the word out with their Church groups. The Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB) says this will protect liberties. But religious liberty was deliberately left out. This bill makes it is possible to perform gender change surgery on minors or prescribe puberty blockers. Taxpayer-funded abortions, biological males competing in sports against women/girls are all in this bill. Age requirements are not upheld for prostitution. We have one of the worst states ERA bill.
Sally Zamora, 775-851-5078, is in charge of churches and needs deacons and elders who are influential in the Church. They can arrange speakers who can come to talk to the parishioners. Right now, wording on the flyers is being worked on. This horrible bill has passed by two legislatures and needs one public vote at the ballot box (Nov 2022). If it passes, it will be a NV State Constitutional amendment and it will be 5 years before it can be undone.
Janet Butcher – County Commission meeting yesterday (Tuesday) had a couple of items on the agenda. One was to re-plan Verdi and the other was to re-plan Spanish Springs. The Commission voted to overturn the Planning Commission ruling to deny the Spanish Spgs proposal because of the huge potential for overcrowding. This plan will bring 3000 more homes and Kitty Jung, Alexis Hall and Bob Lucey voted in favor of moving forward with it. It is clear that Lucey will be doing everything he can in the coming months to ruin us before he is out.
They also voted to put another $5.5M into 1775 E. 4th St to expand the CARES campus for the homeless.
Donald Fossum – This week prior to this, the County Commission certified the recount of the June 14 Primary vote, despite dozens of citizen speaking out and protesting the certification.
What is Joey Gilbert up to? The entire group involved in Election Integrity are committed to electing those good candidates left standing to office. If you want to know what Joey is doing, go to Facebook.
Jim Benthin – Secretary of Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA). On August 2, at their monthly meeting, the guest speaker will be Bruce Parks, Chair of the Washoe County Republican Party. Go to www.NWCRA.org for details.
Kenji Otto – has “groups” on Next Door. Looking for people to join to show support for the candidates. The more people on Next Door, the more this shows support in Reno for that candidate. Some voters just go to Next Door to see how many are supporting any one candidate. Kenji has nice, safe groups. Nobody is allowed to attack another member. It’s OK to go out of your neighborhood to join a group. The way to NOT get kicked off Next Door is not to share or comment outside the group, just within the group.
Claudia Fisher – Does anyone know why Washoe County was not represented at the recent Joint Interim Standing Committee on Revenue? This is something that is looking to raise taxes in Washoe without our County being represented. Someone from the Assessor’s office should have been there.
Next Meeting: Wed, July 27, same time, same place.