Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL)
May 11, 2022
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) Dan Mason Show. Also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Tuesday, 12:00noon, Scheels Conference Room (upstairs), In-Person Constitution Study Group, led by Richard “Dick” Westrup, 775-747-1238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NEVADAPATRIOT@GMAIL.COM.
* Every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 pm, CEO Business Mind on WWW.TALKZONE.COM, which can be accessed online anytime.
- Thur, May 12, 11:00am doors open, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). All 5 Candidates for CD2: Mark Amodei, Joel Beck, Brian Nadell, Cathy Samson, Danny Tarkanian, moderated by Chuck Muth. $30/members; $35/non-
members; $20/first-time guests. Late registration (1-7 days prior), add $5 for each category. Walk-ins, add $10 for each category. Prepaid reservations: https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4744522.
- Sun, May 15 – Reclaim NV Festival, Dos Amigas Ranch, 3825 Doc Bar Rd, Washoe Valley, food trucks, face-painting, bounce house, line dancing, country band, owl exhibition, many candidates. $10
- Tue, May 17, 5:30 social, 6:00 dinner, speaker, Red Hawk Golf Club, 6600 N. Wingfield Pkwy, Sparks, Sparks Republican Women (SRW). Program: Treasurer candidate Michelle Fiore and Andy Matthews for State Controller. $32/members, $35/non-members & walk-ins, $38 w/credit card. Check or cash at the door. Pay in advance with Zelle or PayPal
using email address, email@example.com
- Wed, May 18, 5-7pm, private home, Meet & Greet with Melanie Sutton for School
Board C and Graeme Reid for School Board F. RSVP: Peggy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sat, May 21, 10-12 noon, private home. Meet & Greet with Melanie Sutton for School
Board C and Graeme Reid for School Board F. RSVP: Janet, email@example.com.
- Sun, May 22, 11:30-1:00pm, Meet & Greet for Denise Myer for County Commission
Dist 3. 1685 Winterwood Ave. in Sparks.
- Wed, May 25, 11:00-optional buffet lunch. 11:30-1:00pm meeting, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21/full buffet, beverage, tax & tip OR $4/beverage only.Contact Carole Fineberg with any questions or to be added to the Agenda. 775-622-9811.
- Wed, May 25, 5:00pm social hour, 6:00pm dinner, Tamarack Junction, 13101 S. Virginia, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: Sam Brown, candidate for US Senate. $43/member; $48/non-member. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site/product/5- 25-mrrw-member-dinner-40-3-fee-/2?cs=true&cst=custom
- Wed, May 25, 6:00pm, Spirit Filled Church, 3175 Goldy Way, Sparks. “Unsilenced”, a feature length movie by The Epoch Times about Communist China. $10 before May 18; $15 after May 18. Pre-register/pre-pay: https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4732413
- Sat May 28 to Friday,June 10 – EARLY VOTING
- Tuesday, June 14 – PRIMARY ELECTION DAY
Tom Daly – candidate for Assembly District 26 – was a firefighter and then helped launch the first 5 launches of the space shuttle. Has served on the Planning Commission and the Citizen Advisory Board. Election integrity is a hot topic and he will start off at the Assembly with a bill to stop mandatory mail-in ballots, unless a mail-in ballot is requested. Washoe County Registrar of Voters has never been audited. He will introduce a bill to require an independent, third-party audit before the next election. Vacant store fronts on Virginia St, so he will vote to get rid of the Commerce Tax. And moreso, he would raise the threshold on the Commerce Tax to increase the threshold to 25M in gross receipts instead of $4M. We have plenty of $$, just how are we spending it? Wildfires – 123 homes in Washoe County have burned to the ground in the last decade. Homeowners’ Association (HOA) should do fire-reduction brush removal. He will introduce funding for the HOA’s to do that. Traffic is a mess and Mt Rose Hwy is a ribbon of death. There have been 7 fatalities in 6 yrs on Mt Rose Hwy. Traffic warning lights have been removed and traffic patterns have just been changed and there was a head-on collision on Mt Rose & Thomas Creek the very next week. Tom will take no special interest $$. His opponents are all taking money from special interests.
Cindy Martinez – for Joel Beck for Congressional District 2. Joel is a Constitutional Conservative and pro-life. Pro 2nd Amendment. Yesterday, Amodei cast a vote for $30M (HR7691) aid to Ukraine. Amodei was not on the proxy list on that vote and he was in person at Incline Village yesterday and at the Atlantis last night. How did he do that? There are 3 others running against Beck, two of whom are carpetbaggers from Las Vegas. Add your name to his list in the back of the room for very good info on his positions and what he intends to do. He has a definite plan. One of his goals is to join the Freedom Caucus.
Mike Clark – County Commission District 2. Running against an opponent who does everything he can to keep things from the public. Ongoing battle with the County to discredit him. Legal things happening. Mike introduced Larry Chesney, because we all know the local media is biased.
Larry Chesney – Larry has created a website, www.piconpress.com that is a conservative blog with conservative, unfiltered info. Larry Chesney’s Picon Press has public records and it’s online now. About 16 posts are currently up and he has a private investigator on duty and looking up records. The purpose is to get legal docs that haven’t been filtered thru the news media one way or the other. FOIA requests are available. www.Piconpress.com
Denise Myer – candidate for County Commission 3 – unopposed for a vacant seat in the Primary because Kitty Jung has termed out. Denise is running because she wants to see changes. She has lived here since the 1960s. She will be supporting Jeanne Herman and Mike Clark when they both win and we’ll have 3 on the Commission to effect change. Election integrity is not good. She wants to see more affordable housing and different approaches for the homeless. There should be incentives for landlords and no rent caps (there must be an alternative). Announcing a Meet & Greet, May 22, 11:30-1:00, 1685 Winterwood Ave, Sparks. www.myerforwashoecounty.com
Sandra Linares – for Monica Jaye Stabbert, candidate for State Senate 16. 3 others running. Big event on Sunday, May 15, Reclaim Nevada Festival. 33+ candidates will be there at Dos Amigas Ranch. See The Mark Your Calendar section for more details. Hwy 445 Band is playing in the barn. Bounce houses, balloon-making, face-painting. $10 for adults, free for kids. www.Reclaimnevada.com
Donald Fossum for Jim Marchant for Secretary of State. Jim has been helping with election integrity & investigations in several other states. He is the best man for the SoS job!
Cathy Kennedy Reyes – School Board B – need folks help with sign placement (even if all you can do is let us where to place the signs), phone calls, donations. United we stand, divided we fall. Keep the infighting for after Nov. 8 or for the other side.
Melanie Sutton – School Board C – north Valleys all the way up to Gerlach. New superintendent Susan Enfield was just hired at $70K more than the last bad superintendent and this one is coming from a District worse than Washoe. Critical Race Theory (CRT) is in the schools even though they say it is not.
Aaron Park – candidate for Vice-Chair of the Washoe County Central Committee. Aaron was born in Reno, 1971 and got his start in politics in 1997 as a sidewalk counselor in front of an abortion clinic. He is very pro-life. Prop 8 passed CA in 2008 w/ 60% of the vote declaring marriage is between a man and a woman; then it was overturned by 5 guys in black robes in DC. People become detached from their roots. Political consultants sit in their offices and don’t walk neighborhoods, don’t talk to people. County party should be primarily focused on registering voters. As a Party officer, we have failed to organize, failed to register voters, failed to raise funds. We have clubs that do great work, but the County Party should be as a rallying point for all Republican residents of the County.
Penny Brock for Tracey Thomas for Vice-Chair of the Washoe County Central Committee. Tracey is an America First patriot and has spoken at County Commission meetings about election integrity on several occasions.
Val White for Joey Gilbert for Governor. May 22, Corley Ranch Gardnerville, $75-$500 with a lot of great nationally-known speakers including Leigh Dundas, Dr Simone Gold, Dr Warren Gilbert, Scott McKay and many others. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-gilbert-for-governor-save-nevada-freedom-tour-2-corley-ranch-tickets-319154669207
Nicôl Herris – Held the 1st coalition meeting, over 40 people from different walks of life. Good meeting for 90 minutes, 60 of which were sharing ideas. Kathy Doyle ran the white board. Lots of ideas, then decided the top 3 ideas: 1) coordination of campaigns by Beau Hamilton at the NV GOP office; 2) any events you have should be posted at Washoegop.org website (mail to Gary Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org); 3) boots on the ground infrastructure. Many individuals were signed up for Sidekick, which is no good if you don’t use it. We have also decided to launch another project. Dialing for campaigns. 10,000 voters who are undecided. Voicemail tells them to vote for the school board candidate in their specific area. Nicôl is looking for 100 people to make those 10,000 calls. Dual benefit: when number is bad, there is a button to push to remove that # from the list and clean up voter rolls. Every Friday night, pizza, soda, at NVGOP office, 3502 S. Virginia (facing Moana, near Cricket). Must turn out all Republicans and non-partisans.
Tomorrow at Republican Women of Reno (RWR) – 185 people signed up already. Chuck Muth will be updating as to what happened at State Convention, moderating for CD 2 seat with all 5 candidates.
“Unsilenced” – feature length movie about the Chinese Communist Party, May 25 Spirit Filled Church. $10 until May 18 ($15 after). See Mark Your Calendar section above for more details.
Thursday, June 9 – RWR meeting with Dr Wen Chen, PhD in Chinese culture, history and human rights activist. Atlantis.
Gary Schmidt has stuff in the back of the room. Share with whomever, whether in his District or not. He is financing his own campaign, not asking for $$.
“My Picks” list is available for the asking. I do not send it out carte blanche. You must request it in writing.
Valerie White – open primary. Ranked voting: all will vote for 5 people. The lowest 2 vote-getters’ vote will get moved to the top vote-getters. Takes away one person/one vote. Training today by VolunteerNV.com, email@example.com, 5pm, but email zoom link beforehand.
Last time, Val talked about reaching out to CVS corporate for allowing signature-getting for open primaries on their premises. The store manager and district manager said they didn’t care; CVS legal said it was not OK. Must report it to the property management company, which Val will provide me. March in and demand the manager stop it. Follow it up to corporate if necessary.
Lynn Chapman will be addressing Open Primaries on the website on Eagle Forum, iapn.org or google Nevada Families for Freedom or Eagle Forum. Skip Daly (for State Senate) and Shirl Eiting (for Judge) have signs running together, so watch the signs that are together because they are probably like-minded.
Texas has a bill about pension money and Boards of Directors on different companies falling prey to the climate culture. The pension funds invest to grow retirement savings, but they are investing in crazy stuff (climate change, sustainable companies) and causing retirement savings to be lessened. This Texas bill says the businesses can run organizations as they see fit, but anti-energy projects are not allowed to do business (i.e. allow investment) in Texas. We need something like that here.
ESG – stand for Environmental, Social, Governance and it’s a gauge to determine companies’ investment/involvement in ESG. Watch the ESG scores before investing or buying products from those companies.
“2000 Mules”, the feature-length movie about ballot harvesting in the 2020 election is on Dinesh D’Sousa’s website. www.Salem.com.
Or here: https://bestnewshere.com/watch-2000-mules-right-now-for-free-compliments-of-dinesh-dsouza/ GET THE WORD OUT. The more people who see the illegalities and anomalies in the 2020 election, the more will believe the election was stolen and Trump should be in office today.
Truth Social is available for iPhone at the App Store. Android app is still in the works, but not here yet.
Pauline Gerscovich – If you are waiting to hear if you’ve been selected to be a Poll Worker, there are 2 numbers you can call the Registrar’s office and get an answer. 775-328-3670 or 775-328-3688.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 25, same time, same place.