|* Thur, May 13, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Las Vegas Attorney Sigal Chattah, who sued to open churches and won and who is running for Attorney General. $35/members, $40/non-members, $20/1st timers. RSVP by May 6 to https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4163857
* Thur, May 13, 5:15 Social, 6:00 Dinner. 6:30 Speaker, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, The Hayek Group. Program: Brad Dacus with Pacific Justice Institute discussing “The Constitution on Campus.” $35/per person w/reservation by 5/10/21; $40 walk-ins. https://www.thehayekgroup.org/event-the-constitution-on-campus/?mc_cid=2db0998873&mc_eid=90dbf8fe3b
* Fri, May 14, 4:30-6:00pm, 3652 S. Virginia, Ste C-9, Washoe County Republican Party Social. FREE food, drinks. Come mingle with like-mindeds in a strictly social atmostphere.
* Sat, May 15, 8:00am, Sparks Nugget, West parking lot, Freedom Rally. Lander County was the first county to open fully without restrictions. We will rally all the way to Lander County. Fernley and Fallon ralliers will fold in along the way. At high noon, Battle Mountain, NV, AZ Sheriff Richard Mack (Ret.) will represent the Constitutional Sheriffs & Peace Officers Assn and present a plaque to Lander County. Other guests include Joey Gilbert, Dr. Simone Gold, Freedom Angels and many NV Sheriffs. Join in a day of celebration with speakers, music, BBQ, bounce house, horseshoes, swimming, basketball, volleyball, vendors in Elquist Park. RSVP to Melanie Sutton, 775-313-5288.
* Tue, May 18, 10:30 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: Police Chief Jason Soto. $25/member; $30/non-member. RSVP: www.republicanmensclub.org.
* Fri, May 21, 9:00-11:00, 1301 Cordone (downstairs conference room), Republican Women of Reno (RWR) Workshop: Personal Safety & Awareness with Sheriff Darin Balaam, Sandra Linares and Vicki Kawelmacher. $11 includes breakfast. RSVP by May 19th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Tue, May 25, 2:00pm, 425 E. 9th St, Washoe Schools Admin Bldg, Washoe County School District Board Meeting (WCSD Board meeting). It is imperative to have many, many people show up and speak out against this.
* Wed, May 26, 10:45 to dine/11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Wed, May 26, 5:00pm social; 6:00pm dinner, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley Ln, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: Attorney Joey Gilbert. $35/members; $40/guests. $3 credit card fee. RSVP by 5/24 5pm. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site/.
* Fri, June 4, 7:00-8:30pm, Spirit Filled Church, 3175 Goldy Way, Sparks, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) Speakers Bureau. Program: Heartland Institute President James Taylor presenting the case for fighting back against the Big Tech cartel and how to do it. $20/early bird. General Admission ($25 after May 28), Limited $100 VIP includes: 2 tickets, reserved seating and a “Meet & Greet” with Mr. Taylor. Payment must be received prior to event. No walk-ins. RSVP to https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/events or contact Kathy Doyle, email@example.com or 415-823-1755.
* Wed, June 9, 10:45 to dine/11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, June 10, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: TBD $35/members, $40/non-members, $20/1st timers. RSVP TBD. rwreno.org
* Tue, June 22, 10:30 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: Assemblywoman Annie Black. $25/member; $30/non-member. RSVP: www.republicanmensclub.org.
* Wed, June 23, 10:45 to dine/11:45-1:15 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Sat, Aug 14, all day, Corley Ranch in Gardnerville, Basque Fry. Notable speakers (Ron DiSantis, Richard Grennell, Matt Schlapp among others), conservative/patriotic themes, traditional Basque food. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/6th-annual-basque-fry-tickets-151578047019?aff=MINPACEmail&mc_cid=f1c9beed02&mc_eid=5e1150be2b Early bird pricing ends June 30!
JANET BUTCHER LEFT A BLACK BAG AT C.T.L. It just had some Best Buy receipts in it, but she would like it back. If you found it and took it with you to return next meeting, kindly contact Janet via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. The restaurant says they didn’t find anything.
Pledge of Allegiance
Sat, May 15, HUGE Rally, Battle Mountain, NV in Lander County. Massive gathering, with major notables: Sheriff Richard Mack, Juan O Savin, Joey Gilbert, Dr. Simone Gold, Robert David Steele, Leigh Dundas. Gather at 7:30am at Sparks Nugget west parking lot. Leave promptly at 8:00am. Folding in along the way are Carson City, Fernley, Fallon and other communities. Festivities start at 12, high noon. BBQ, bounce house, great speakers and more. For bus info (for 4-hr drive there and back), $60 round-trip, contact Jackie Hager, 775-747-7817.
County Commission – Katherine (Kitchie) Snedigar – talked about the NOTICE AND DEMAND TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTS that she sent to the County Commission, specifically Chairman Bob Lucey. It was an official Notice to produce documents as to why she was endangering others who needed to be protected from her via social distancing and masks. Under what authority do they have to push this agenda? There were 24 items she requested answers and/or documentation for. She gave them 20 days to respond. She fully expects they will not respond and she will go to court and get a judgement against them. She asked for Affidavits (under penalty of perjury) from others, explaining their personal experiences related to COVID, in order to supplement her Notice. She received but two. It is not too late to submit an Affidavit. Click on THIS LINK to see simple guidelines and Affidavit to complete. When your Affidavit is completed, contact Kitchie to arrange how to get it to her before the next Commission meeting, May 18. Katherine Snedigar, email@example.com, 775-475-0300.
School Board meeting 5/11/21 – Public Comments kept the Trustees busy for 2 hours after the meeting was to start. They heard all the comments on the curriculum that will emphasize the LGBTQ agenda, climate change and Critical Race Theory (CRT). And the only comment from a Trustee is that they do not plan to teach CRT. They can call it what they like, but the precepts in the curriculum were exactly CRT, with equity (not equality) the essence of every lesson. May 25 is the day the School Board will supposedly vote on the curriculum, even though the numbers of citizens and parents completing the online preference poll was overwhelmingly against it. Perhaps we need a rack card with the issues to distribute to folks to get them out to this meeting. Gary Duarte is to meet with Mark Leonard and Nicol Herris to get some verbiage together.
Legislature Bills On Which to Opine –
AB286 – A milder form of gun control, but gun control nonetheless. This makes any firearms (including kit guns and antiques) without a serial number completely illegal. There is no grandfather clause, so even if it was gifted to you years ago, you are a criminal if you still possess it. Chiefs and Sheriffs Association and the NRA were there to testify at the Tuesday hearing. To date, there have been over 3000 opinions against this bill. Text of the bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/81st2021/Bill/7778/Text
AB287 – erases Mother and Father from Birth Certificates and replaces them with “Person giving birth” and “Other person” respectively. This hearing is Thursday, 5/13!!! Hurry! Text of the bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/81st2021/Bill/7779/Text
SB62 – Charitable giving would be required to reveal all donors’ private info. Text of the bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/81st2021/Bill/7247/Text
SB190 – allows pharmacists to give out hormonal contraceptives (the pill) to anyone for the asking, without a doctor’s exam, without regard to age, without parental permission. Text of the bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/81st2021/Bill/7622/Text
SB420 – Healthcare for all Nevadans, including illegals. Text of the bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/81st2021/Bill/8151/Text
It is very easy to Share Your Opinion: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/81st2021/. Mark For or Against and a few brief sentences why you like or don’t like the bill and the system will forward to every Legislator to whom it pertains. If the bill is in Committee, it will send to all Committee members. If it is on a Chamber floor, it will send to all Chamber members. Please Share Your Opinion!!
Mark Leonard – Capt Sam Brown, West Point Grad, Rangers Team, was badly injured in Kandahar, Afghanistan. He gave an inspiring speech at the Washoe County Lincoln Day Dinner last weekend and he has filed papers to run for US Senate against Catherine Cortez Masto in 2022. We need to support him as much as possible. Mark and his wife will be hosting a Meet & Greet fundraiser on June 22 and the requested contribution is $1000-$5000. More on this, but this is a candidate who won’t back down and who won’t get along to go along in DC.
Melanie Sutton – talked about the Battle Mountain RALLY (see above under Announcements), who is going to be there speaking and how exciting it really will be. There are nearly 100 cars from Washoe. Jackie Hager has helped arrange for a bus to get there and get home (without the driving) and it’s going to be wild… the shot heard around the world and the start of the Patriots’ Revolt.
Roger Edwards – On May 18, Republican Men’s Club (RMC) will hold its monthly meeting featuring Police Chief Jason Soto. Info is above in the Coming Soon section of the Mark Your Calendar and can also be found online at republicanmensclub.org
Nicol Herris – Regarding Republican Women of Reno (RWR), many events coming down the pike: Regular monthly meeting tomorrow, May 13 with Las Vegas Attorney Sigal Chattah, candidate for Attorney General. June 4, RWR Speakers’ Bureau will feature James Taylor, President of the Heartland Institute, talking about Big Tech Censorship, what it means and what to do about it. Details above in the Coming Soon section of the Mark Your Calendar and can also be found online at https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/events.
This just in…. check out this 1:13 video with Reno’s own Joey Gilbert and Dr. Simone Gold and another fellow I don’t recognize on America’s Frontline Doctors. Click HERE to view.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 11:00am for food, 11:30-1:00 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, $16.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & tip.