Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL) SUMMARY
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Reno
Mark Your Calendar
- Tues, May 10, 4-7pm, Atlantis, Republican Women Northern Nevada PAC. Candidates’ Forum – come meet, greet and talk to candidates one-on-one. $20.(See in Coming Soon section above)
- Nicôl Herris – 8 weeks to go before the Primary on June 14. Nicol quoted an article from Wall St Journal, which said the Dems are not gaining ground, but losing ground. RWR has two new Brigades: Hispanic Outreach is one and Boots on the Ground Infrastructure. There are sign-up sheets in the back.
Campaign Sidekick – sign up now, even you don’t want to make calls right now, you might be willing the last week before the Primary and you will be registered.
- Right to Life Fundraising Event – May 5, Downtown Reno Ballroom, 5:30-7:00pm. (See in Coming Soon section above)
- Tracey Thomas – WCSD Superintendent survey to take. First you should go to this page https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/17522 and read the candidates’ summary and/or watch each of the candidates give their 3 or 4 minute statements. Then you should go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/survey-taken/?sm=Llh6Htuo_2BmR1H8Ase35G9RR7UHOygWz5LKwzm8DTQ5k3nEVAUDJvfRkhvNJCqcTLwPSKTv_2BxCv_2BArPJx8xGWx6qR9yfL6kt4_2FHnixQMy8_2B4_3D and complete the survey about the candidates for superintendent.
The least horrible candidate is Shawn Loescher, but it is strongly felt the Board will pick Jhone Ebert.
- Mark Leonard – Hosting a fundraiser for Edgard Hitti – School Board D (midtown, Old Southwest), May 1, 2pm at his home. Contact Mark for more info, Mark@datagroup.com.
- Rich DeLong, candidate for Assembly District 26 – Conservative Republican candidate
who can hit the ground running on Day 1 because he has endorsement from Conservative Caucus in the Legislature. Consultant for Mining industry, Bureau of Land Management, Army Corps of Engineers, state agencies. He grew his own company, had 20 employees, then sold it and is consulting. He has 4 kids, adult daughters between 40-50 and a 14 year old, so he’s aware of the WCSD and its indoctrination. He was with NV Commission on Mineral Resources, then served as leader the Commission, elected by the Commission. He’s in favor of zero-base budgeting… start with zero and see what you need, he knows budgeting. DeLongForNevada@gmail.com, www.DeLongForNevada.com.
- Mike Clark – for Washoe County Commission District 2. In the newspaper, there was an article about Mike’s opponent, incumbent Bob Lucey accusing Mike of being an Independent. Mike’s voter registration was changed in the Automatic Voter Registration (AVR) system through the DMV, without notice. He’s been a Republican for 55 years. He filed as a Republican. Lucey threatened him with disqualification. Secretary of State came out with a comment that if anyone suffered as a result of AVR, they would be able to run for office as the party to which they had previously been affiliated. Also the DMV said they would no longer change voters’ registrations. So 2 governmental agencies have seen the problem here. There is a (frivolous) lawsuit, at taxpayers’ expense, with a court date down the road.
Everyone should check their registration with RoV. Anyone can be changed without notification.
Where is Deanna Spikula? That question was asked yesterday. Our Registrar of Voters, Deanna Spikula, has been missing, not in her office for weeks now. This article from the RJG just broke and hat tip to Tracey Thomas for sending it my way.
- Bret DeLaire for AD 26 – south Reno, Incline Village. He wants to make NV a Constitutional State. He wants to protect locally owned businesses so big corporations can’t create monopolies. He wants to ban CRT and all Marxist ideologies taught in schools. Face masks do not prevent spread of COVID; neither does standing 6’ apart from others. There was no rise in overall deaths in 2020; worldwide effort to change what everyone was doing. They’ve been lying to us. A coordinated global effort to highjack the media and control. Klaus Schwab and partner Larry Fink are leading the charge to put the vaccine in everyone’s bodies. Schwab’s book, COVID-19, the Great Reset and the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx is exactly what we are seeing today. Bret is the only candidate in the 5-candidate race for AD26 talking about this stuff.
- Kenji Otto for County Clerk – his whole family is multi-racial, but Kenji has been labeled as racist. He is working with Jeanne Herman to make North Valleys High School safer. He wants to go into the Clerk’s office and make improvements. He can prove everything he says and doesn’t say anything that can’t be proved. Go to www.OurTownReno.com and send a comment and let them know that he’s honest and honorable. First things he would do if elected: 1) At the Commission meetings, there are technical issues that need to be cleaned up. The County website is hard to navigate and he’s a detail person. He doesn’t give in to pressure from anybody and he follows procedures.
- Cindy Martinez for Joel Beck, Congressional District 2 – currently a seat held by Mark Amodei. Joel Beck ran for office in 2020 with a reasonable showing in the Primary. He became increasingly disturbed by the general destruction of our republic. Retired US Air Force veteran, nice guy. Desert Storm vet, kind compassionate, intelligent man. Looks at everything about how a problem can be solved. Will forge alliances with the Constitutional Conservatives on Capitol Hill like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz. There are places where you can meet Joel: Thurs, 4/14. 6:30, Spanish Spgs Library at Nevada Patriots, Wed, Apr 27, Mt Rose Republican Women at Tamarack Junction, Republican Women of Reno tomorrow and in May. Amodei voted for HR40 which classified LGBTQ as a protected class. www.beckforcongress.us is his website and his email address is email@example.com
- Leya Ladzinski for Guy Nohra for Governor – Guy’s policies and background are Conservative. Born a Lebanese Christian, he fought at age 15 in the Lebanese Civil War. His parents moved to US after the Lebanese Civil War. He earned an MBA from Stanford and became a venture capitalist. Donald Trump was not a politician, but a businessman, investing in big capital projects. Glenn Youngkin, the new Governor of Virginia, was also a businessman going into politics. Guy wants to take a step back and audit each department in the government. Is the $$ going where it is supposed to be going to do the most good. Wants to run NV as a business. He speaks many different languages. www.nohrafornv.com.
- Cathy Kennedy Reyes – candidate for School District B. She was a federal agent and knows about politics, negotiation and following the rules. She knows how to weather the storm and she can relate to what Mike Clark is going through. The other side has to lie to get their points across. Melanie Sutton had to leave, but she’s running for C. The candidates are looking for help stuffing bags, making phone calls, walking your neighborhood, finding locations for signs and contributions of $$. www.savewcsd.com.
- Gary Schmidt – for AD40 (tiny tip of south Reno, Carson City and Virginia City). Gary also supports Matthew Buehler for State Senate 13. Robert Beadles puts out a list of his picks. Gary is on it, as is Mike Clark. PK O’Neill is the Republican incumbent who voted for the largest tax increase in NV history in 2015. He also voted for AD496 in the same year that gives all NV Legislators an exemption from the Public Records law. Gary will be our watchdog at the Legislature to prevent that kind of abuse.
- County Commission Update, Cindy Martinez – Republican Women of Reno (RWR) is going to recalibrate its approach with the County Commission. We’ve been very loud and serious at the podium, but we want to bring the community together, lower the temperature and elevate the conversation. The Commission recently approved a $5M purchase of a building to extend the Cares Campus for the homeless. They will put up 8×8 pods because of the weather elements. There will be temporary vaccinations clinics with surge employees and the Health District was given another $2M for this temporary issue.
- School Board – These events are important to note on your calendar and attend, if you are able:
- Tues, Apr 19, 5pm, Wooster High School – Meet & Greet the Superintendent Candidates.
- Wed, Apr 20, 9:30am. Formal vetting of Superintendent candidates.
- Tues, Apr 26, time TBD, Board Meeting, including possible decision on Superintendent.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, April 27, same time, same place.