Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL)
Wednesday, July 26, 2023
King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke
(The margins will stay truer if you open the full screen).
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) Samantha Stone Show. Also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Mondays (except for the 4th Mondays), 6:30pm, 5295 Sun Valley Blvd, Washoe Patriots meeting and continuing discussion on prepping.
* Thursdays (for the time being), 12:00noon, Scheels Conference Room (upstairs), In-Person Constitution Study Group, led by Richard “Dick” Westrup, 775-747-1238 or email@example.com
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NEVADAPATRIOT@GMAIL.COM.
* Thur, July 27, 4:00-7:00pm, Marsha Berkbigler’s home, Fundraising Garden Party for Marsha Berkbigler. www.Marsha4Washoe.com. $25 or more or any amount is cheerfully accepted. 2090 Allen Street, 89509. RSVP to Marsha 775-843-0150.
* Tue, Aug 1, 4:30-7:30pm, La Posada Real, 5270 Longley, Taco Tuesday with Republican Women of Reno (RWR). No host bar; come mingle with like-mindeds!
* Tue, Aug 1, 5:00 potluck/5:45pm meeting, Washoe GOP Headquarters Annex, 3652 S. Virginia, Ste C-9, Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA) monthly meeting.
* Sat, Aug 5, 12:00noon, American Legion, 730 4th St, Sparks. Celebration of Life for Juanita Cox. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to a charity of your choice in Juanita’s memory.
* Sat, Aug 5, 3:30-5:30pm, South Valley Library, 15650-A Wedge Pkwy featuring KIRK CAMERON with a virtue-based story time. Sing, laugh, learn with Brave Books and more. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Wed, Aug 9, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for optional full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, email@example.com or 805-377-2155.
* Thur, Aug 10, 11:00-1:00, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) membership meeting. Program: To Be Announced. Early bird pricing until 7/6 @ 4pm: $34.50/members; $39.50/non-members. Credit cards will incur a $1.50 fee. Reservations after 6/2 will incur a $5 surcharge. Last minute reservations will incur a $10 surcharge. To pay by check or to order a vegetarian meal, call Cindy Sassenrath, 707-621-2009. Prepaid reservations required and no refunds.
* Thur, Aug 17, Red Move Nevada. The Hansens: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of the 2023 Legislature
* Wed, August 23, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for optional full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-377-2155.
Disclaimer: All remarks reported herein are not my opinions. All remarks herein could be filtered by what I heard and was able to capture in my notes and what I deem important versus what was actually said. I invite and encourage one and all to attend the various governmental entity meetings (School Board, City Council, County Commission, Library Board, Health Department, Legislature) and come to your own conclusions. Do not always trust what is written herein, which has been interpreted by the speaker(s) at CTL and re-interpreted by me (thus, a double filter). ~ Carole Fineberg
In Memory of Juanita Cox: We had a moment of silence for the passing of our dear friend and amazing Patriot, Juanita Cox. There will be a celebration of life on Saturday, August 5, 12:00noon at the American Legion, 730 4th St in Sparks. Given Juanita’s passion for causes, in lieu of flowers, please donate to a cause that you are passionate about in her memory.
Nicholas St Jon – complaints filed against Commissioner Alexis Hill, who is in violation of her oath of office (malfeasance or misfeasance). Here is a simple way to complete the complaint form – https://wedothat.us/abc.pdf. Print out the Complaint form, sign this is for April 25, 2023. Go back in, change the date to May 11, print out, sign. Repeat for May 16, May 23, June 14, June 21, June 28, July 11, July 18, July 25 sign.
Stewart Handte and Roger Hillygus update: If you remember, both men removed Roger’s aging mother from an abusive assisted living home and were ultimately both charged with kidnapping. Roger has been in prison for 9 months and is in failing health. This is now getting national attention. Grand Jury can actually inquire with the prison about abuse within the system.
No Washoe Patriots meeting this coming Monday due to the Central Committee meeting. Will resume the Monday after. www.washoepatriots.com/prepping (look at the menu on top). India has just stopped shipments of rice to the US, one of the major suppliers of rice and Washoe Patriots has alternate food sources which could be beneficial.
Nicholas has been named as the speaker for NV at the Mike Lindell conference and needs some help financing the trip. If you can help, contact Nicholas directly, 775-237-3447.
Schayden Gorai – from Turning Point Action – has free patriotic buttons, stickers available at the back of the room. He is hoping to get sign-ups to get informed of events and happenings. Go to www.tpaction.com to sign up and get on their data base. Looking for Precinct Captains to fill all the precincts to organize. If you don’t know Turning Point USA, please go to their website, www.tpusa.com, and learn all about Turning Point and founder Charlie Kirk.
Donald Fossum: TPAction – American 501c4 organization can campaign either for or against a candidate. Sister organization of TPUSA.
Carole Fineberg – received an email from someone who watched the County Commission proceedings for the meeting of July 11 on youtube. This person found inaccuracies in the CTL Summary in the County Commission report. The inaccuracies were thoroughly detailed in an 8-page explanation. Carole read the salient points of the inaccuracies and folks listened patiently. Several did raise hands and state that they were there, at the meeting, and noted the inaccuracies, noted Commissioner Andriola is a cogent questioner, but simply votes the wrong way (in their view). Thus, I have added the new Disclaimer at the top of this SUMMARY.
Tom Green, candidate for County Commission 4. Tom is a local guy who doesn’t like the way things are going in local government. He was born in Sparks, has lived in Spanish Springs and Hidden Valley. He has been a private investigator for local attorneys. Worked in Morningstar Senior Retirement Living and spent the COVID years with seniors who were alone and their families were not allowed to visit them. He’s seen degradation in our communities and his top 3 issues are: government accountability, public safety and smart development (if you’ve seen the Sparks sprawl, that is NOT smart development). We have spent $130M on the Cares campus where people get raped and their property gets stolen. He will take no $$ from developers or private interests. He is running for County Commission, against Clara Andriola. His website will be up soon, www.tomgreen4washoe.com.
Candy Green spoke for Marsha Berkbigler, who was unable to attend. Marsha is a candidate for County Commission 1 and is holding a Fundraiser Garden Party Thursday, 7/27, 4:00-7:00pm at 2090 Allen St, 89509. $25, $50, $75 or any amount cheerfully accepted. Please call Marsha to RSVP: 775-843-0150. www.marsha4washoe.com
Stephanie Phillips – candidate for US Senate to replace Jacky Rosen. Thank you to veterans for their service. Thank you for coming out today; too many are apathetic, but you’re here, so that speaks volumes.
Stephanie was born on the East coast, raised in a small community in OR and moved to the Bay area with her parents. Went to college in Santa Barbara, worked for a developer who was looking for someone to run his new office in LV. She agreed to go for 6 mon and has been there ever since. She now runs her own real estate company in LV. Small business was really hit hard by COVID and everything they did was un-American and unconstitutional. She’s been planning this run all this time (since 2020). They’re taking over our kids, shoving this culture down their throats. Co-ed bathrooms, sports, war on women. They want to take away and erase the “female” and “Mom” – all horrible and wrong. She’s a proud Mom.
That’s why she’s jumping in. She sees in DC RINOs and they’re selling us down the river at every turn. We have no representation in DC and what we have are “recycled” candidates and politicians. She’s never run for office before – and that’s a good thing! She’s talking to a lot of voters about Ukraine, sex trafficking, cost of living, border issues and many other issues. People are becoming aware how massive the culture of sex-trafficking is. We need to protect our border (main reason sex-trafficking is as widespread as it is) with military. Severe backlog of asylum judges, so she supports more judges. The “stay in Mexico” program was what worked and needs to be brought back.
We need to work with Mexico and do whatever it takes to protect our border, preferably without a military confrontation, although that is not off the table completely. Need to round up the illegals in our country currently and send them back.
When asked how much she is planning to spend on the campaign, Stephanie will put in as much of her personal $$ into the campaign as possible. She doesn’t believe that the candidate with the most $$ always wins and she’s committed to this to the very end. She can’t do it alone, needs the help of others. www.phillips4nevada.com, online way to donate or mail in a check.
Stephanie encourages everyone to vet every candidate… find out what is their background? Who backs them? $3300 max contribution from an individual or federal PAC, no corporations.
Supports vouchers and school choice. We are failing our kids and we must do something about that. There are plans to implement vouchers/school choice via the State Dept of Ed, but that is a state issue, not a federal one.
Sam Dehne – sent me a link to the County Commission’s Summer Newsletter, “Washoe Life” last month and I just ran found it. Sam, in all his years in Reno, never saw this document before, nor have I. No surprise, all lollipops and rainbows, but it might be informative on some level. https://washoelife.washoecounty.gov/newletter/washoe-county-commission-newsletter-summer-2023/
Mike Clark – one more vote and we can turn this County around. He supports Tom Green for Commission 4. No Commissioners are allowed to visit or tour the Cares camps, even though we spend $million$ on this program. The reason given is that “it is a construction site”. 500-700 people live there, in that so-called ‘construction site’. What are they hiding? Suggestion: Call Washoe311 and ask why Commissioners cannot visit or tour the Cares campus.
There are 2 openings in the Washoe County Republican Party Executive Committee and here are two of the candidates, Melissa Lopez and Scott Johnston. We have no way of knowing how many others or who else is running:
Scott Johnston – candidate for WC Republican Party Executive Committee. He is a Precinct Captain in Galena and has 3 important points he’s looking to achieve: 1) Winning and putting more Republicans in office; 2) Making Central Committee meetings more interesting with a speaker each meeting; 3) Going after the youth vote, the Black and Hispanic vote.
Melissa Lopez – candidate for Washoe County Republican Executive Committee. Melissa wants to make changes to the Executive Committee to make it more interesting. She has made 10K+ calls for Trump and has worked for Sam Brown (made over 60K calls for him) and is doing so again. She wants to make Central Committee meetings more interesting. She’s a fighter and will stick with the Exec Comm no matter what!
John Eppolito – www.protectnevadachildren.org – Washoe County Schools is now employing 3 Administrative Investigators, when it used to be 1. What are the 2 additional Adminstrative Investigators doing? It’s crazy. The SHARE sex ed program was adopted by the School Board (with 2 dissenting votes – Jeff Church and Colleen Westlake) last Tuesday evening. It started out being an “opt-in” program, but apparently 90% of parents voted to “opt in” when they registered their kids for school. How could they vote for something months ago when the curriculum was just passed Tuesday night? So now, it’s more of an opt-out program. Within that curriculum, it was decided no longer can we call kids “boys” and “girls”. It is now “boys or people with a penis” and “girls or people with a vulva”.
Joni Hammond – Library Board / Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) update – week ago last Saturday. Other side had umbrellas, music and seem to have a good time and it surprised her that they seemed so much better organized, prepared and many were paid to be there! They even had pizza in the lobby for everyone in favor of DQSH. Sheriff was called and Sheriff’s Deputy was very non-confrontational and handled everything in a calm manner.
Actor and author Kirk Cameron, is coming for a virtue-based story time. Sing, learn and read Brave Books. Saturday, Aug 5, 3:30-5:30pm at the South Valleys Library, 15650-A Wedge Pkwy. To RSVP, email@example.com.
Next Meeting – Wed, Aug 9, same time, same place.