Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL)
Wednesday, June 28, 2023
King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke
11:30-1:00pm – Meeting
(The margins will stay truer if you open the full screen)
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) Samantha Stone Show. Also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday evenings, 6:30pm, 5295 Sun Valley Blvd. Washoe Patriots meeting. This is the group that takes prepping very seriously and wants to teach you what to do! Look for the Washoe Patriots channel on rumble.com. Call Nicholas St Jon with any questions. 775-237-3447.
* Thursdays (for the time being), 12:00noon, Scheels Conference Room (upstairs), In-Person Constitution Study Group, led by Richard “Dick” Westrup, 775-747-1238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NEVADAPATRIOT@GMAIL.COM.
* Wed, June 28, 5:00pm social/6:00pm dinner, speakers, Tamarack Casino, 13101 S. Virginia, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: Sen Lisa Krasner and Assemblyman Rich DeLong with a Legislative update. With reservations, $40/members, $45/guests, add $5 for walk-ins with no reservations. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site. A fee is imposed on credit card transactions.
* Tue, July 4, America’s Birthday! Let’s thank the good Lord for our many freedoms and pray this amazing nation continues to be a beacon and a leader for the world’s nations, demonstrating for all that personal liberty is what every man, woman and child strives to achieve and every government should respect.
* Tue, July 4, 3:30pm, Riverside Cinema, The Sound of Freedom movie. $10. This showing has been bought out by a donor for a private showing and all proceeds help create a slate mailer. Call Nicôl Herris, 775-300-3763.
* Fri, July 7, 5:30-8:00pm, Li’l Waldorf, 1661 N. Virginia (across from UNR, Republican First Friday. Purely social. Come mingle with like-mindeds.
* Mon, July 10, 6:30pm, 5295 Sun Valley Blvd. Washoe Patriots meeting. This is the group that takes prepping very seriously and wants to teach you what to do! Look for the Washoe Patriots channel on rumble.com. Call Nicholas St Jon with any questions. 775-237-3447.
* Tue, July 11, 5:00 potluck/6:00 meeting, 3652 S. Virginia, Ste C-9 (GOP HQs), Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA). Program: Taking Over Social Media & Other Media in Washoe County, presented by Craig Newton.
* Wed, July 12, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for optional full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, email@example.com or 805-377-2155.
* Wed, July 12, 5:30-8:30pm, Paisan’s, 6550 Longley, NV Women’s Leadership Alliance (NWLA). Program: Tami Pyfer, Director of Operations for UNITE, will use the “Dignity Index”, an innovative approach to conversations that will ease division between political sides. $50, includes dinner. Go to www.nvwla.org/events to reserve your spot.
* Thur, July 13, 11:00-1:00pm, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Fashion Show from Boutique Elegante and William Furs plus Sen. Lisa Krasner providing a recap of the latest Legislative session. Registration before July 6 : $34.50/members; $39.50/non-members; $29.50/first timers. Late registration after 7/6, add $5 surcharge. Vegetarian option, call Cindy Sassenrath 707-621-2009.
* Mon, July 17, 6:30pm, 5295 Sun Valley Blvd. Washoe Patriots meeting. This is the group that takes prepping very seriously and wants to teach you what to do! Look for the Washoe Patriots channel on rumble.com. Call Nicholas St Jon with any questions. 775-237-3447.
* Mon, July 24, 6:30pm, 5295 Sun Valley Blvd. Washoe Patriots meeting. This is the group that takes prepping very seriously and wants to teach you what to do! Look for the Washoe Patriots channel on rumble.com. Call Nicholas St Jon with any questions. 775-237-3447.
* Wed, July 26, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for optional full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-377-2155.
* Tue, Aug 1, 4:30-7:30pm, La Posada Real, 5270 Longley Ln, Republican Women of Reno Taco Tuesday. Every First Tuesday through the year.
Nevada Women’s Leadership Alliance – NvWLA event July 12. See Coming Soon section above.
Carole Fineberg – many of you missed the “homework” assignment in my Meeting Notification on June 24. Here are the links again.
I think Victor Davis Hanson is quite brilliant. Please read this article. We may or may not discuss it, but I am encouraged by where he’s going in this article. “America Wakes Up to Woke” by Victor Davis Hanson
Podcaster David ‘Nino’ Rodriguez interviews Rob Cunningham about Trump’s secret plan (via 3 Executive Orders he put in place in 2017 and 2018) for the wealth, life and freedom of us all. We are enslaved by our lack of knowledge. This is a 55-minute video, too long for CTL News, but oh, so important! There is a brief commercial 2:30-3:14 (44 seconds).
Lynn Chapman – gave a Legislature-ending report last time. She has a couple of the last newsletters left if anyone wants them. The Assembly has a super majority and we need to knock some of the Ds off and replace them with Rs. The Senate has a narrow majority, so we need to pick up seats there as well. The full report is coming, but she and Janine are taking a well-deserved couple of weeks off.
Janet Butcher – County Commission at the last week’s meeting still had no Public Comment at the beginning. Commissioner Andriola consistently votes with Garcia and Hill.
Commissioner Mike Clark continues to ask for Public Comment to be brought to the beginning of the meeting. People do not know when to show up to speak, as the meetings can go 5, 6, or 7 hours!
Commissioner Jeanne Herman has been asking to have her election integrity/Dominion machine issues to be agendized at a Commission meeting, but they’ve been slow-walking it.
22 people applied for an open Library Board Trustee position. Sadly, they appointed another left-wing person, so all the Library Board is still very left-wing, with no dissenting member.
Library Director is Jeff Scott and he seems to always run the Board meeting, even though that is not his job, but the job of the Chairman.
Last Friday there was an Audit Committee meeting. Several people were there and got on the agenda, where they asked to audit the Library Board, which was agreed to. Yay!
Action Alert! At the Sparks Library, 10am, July 15, there is a scheduled Drag Queen Story Hour. Need as many people to show up in respectful protest as possible.
Nicholas St Jon, Washoe Patriots – If you are unhappy with Alexis Hill (Commissioner Chair who did away with Public Comment at the front of the meetings), there is a place to file a complaint form with the Atty Gen’l.
Washoe Patriots is meeting now on Monday evenings, except for July 3, as Washoe Patriots are going to a showing of Sound of Freedom at Parklane Theaters. Hereafter, every Monday evening, there is a Washoe Patriots meeting at 6:30pm at 5295 Sun Valley Blvd. See Coming Soon section above for details.
Matthew Buehler’s term on the Audit Review Board is expiring end of June and Nicholas is applying.
According to some research Victoria Myer is doing, it is illegal to give pornographic material to children. These kinds of books are in school libraries. Looking into it.
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) – Washoe Patriots is studying ways to avert CBDC. Please watch/listen to Washoe Patriots financial prepping presentation on their Rumble channel:
Friday, 3pm, 93.7FM radio on America Matters Media show. Current events, very relevant.
1) The theater has been bought out for Sound of Freedom. Tix are $10. July 4 @ 3:30pm at the Riverside Theater. Call or email Nicôl for tickets, 775-300-3763 or email@example.com.
2) Election update 2024. February 6, 2024 is Election Day. Early Voting is Jan 27-Feb 2. This is for Presidential Preference Primary (PPP). The Primary will be June 11, with Early voting May 25-June 7. The General Election is Nov 5, with Early Voting Oct 19-Nov 1. We will need many workers, for the PPP, the Primary and the General. The Registrar of Voters (RoV) seems to be slow-starting this process. But you can call or email the RoV at 775-328-3670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Check your voter registration before elections to make sure you are registered with the correct Party affiliation.
4) We need to defeat Rank Choice Voting and National Popular Vote (in the same bill).
5) Having a Zoom meeting tomorrow 10:00am for School Choice.
6) Turning Point USA – wants to help us all learn to do a presentation in our homes and churches. Two programs: C3 is for college campuses and high schools; C4 is a PAC for candidates and campaigns. There will be an app for our phones that will give us credible info, unlike those systems in the past.
Donald Fossum –
1) Stephanie Phillips – for US Senate (against Jacky Rosen). She is beautiful, awesome and will uphold the Constitution. She supports law enforcement, a sex trafficking crackdown taskforce, better services for our veterans, supports the 2nd Amendment. Visit www.phillips4nevada.com and learn more about Stephanie and consider a donation to her campaign.
2) The proceeds from the ticket sales of Sound of Freedom go to creating, printing and distributing a slate mailer.
3) Donald’s unhappy with Trump’s endorsement of Jesse Law for Clark County Republican Central Committee Chair against Jill Douglas. Jesse is tied into Michael McDonald.
4) Watch Charlie Kirk on RealAmericasVoice.com.
5) Red Move Nevada (redmove.com) has been doing a great job, with a little lunch, great speakers and a video of the event afterward.
School Board Update – Paul D. White has written an expose’ on WCSD, comparing it to Hitler’s program for young people called Hitler Youth (HY). It is here:
What’s going on at YOUR school?
Confidential Hotline – (775) 685.8200
June 28, 2023
Contact: Paul White
“Whoever has the youth, has the future.” (Adolph Hitler)
“Give me 4 years to teach a child, and the seed
I’ve sown will never be uprooted.” (Vladimir Lenin)
Washoe County School District:
Learning from History – or Repeating It?
A historical comparison between the
notorious “H-J” children’s organization,
and WCSD’s efforts to increase their influence on students
During the mid-20th century, a government-sponsored youth organization was established in Germany. It started as a voluntary program, recruiting children 10 to 18 years old.
The organization’s influence on children was successful and so widely accepted that the government made participation mandatory. Over a period of three years, this children’s group grew from 1200 participants to over 5 million.
The leaders of this activity turned it into one of the most dangerous, psychological abuses of children in recorded history.
Referred to in Germany as “H-J” (hitler-jugend), this organization became known to the rest of the world by its English translation: Hitler Youth.
The following is a comparison between practices of the Hitler Youth movement in Nazi Germany, and current trends in the Washoe County School District.
DOES history repeat itself? You decide.
Hitler Youth (HY): Targeted 10-18 year-old children.
Washoe County School District (WCSD): Includes that group and younger.
HY: Took over the traditional responsibilities of parents in their children’s lives.
WCSD: Provides students: 2-3 free meals per day, morning and evening daycare, clothing, transportation, medical treatment, counseling, and … the issue of providing student housing is under discussion. [I understand this is provided year-around, for all children.]
HY: Encouraged students to trust the government more than their parents, withhold information from them, and report parents who opposed the government’s values and activities. HY understood that removing children from the influence of their parents was the best way to spread their ideology into family units.
WCSD: Is doing this with sex education, transgender issues, homosexual behavior, abortion, and suicidal tendencies.
HY: Discouraged and disparaged any talk or practice of religion and Judeo-Christian values.
HY: Encouraged sexual activity for children.
WCSD: Encourages sexual activity for children by graphically teaching/reading about explicit sexual activities, and providing no moral/spiritual values that oppose it.
HY: Brainwashed children with a distorted and propaganda-friendly version of their country’s history, stressing racism as a major factor.
WCSD: Ditto, with Critical Race Theory, Diversity/Equity/Inclusiveness, the 1619 Project,etc.
HY: Encouraged drug and alcohol use.
WCSD: Encourages drug and alcohol use by allowing half or more of their students to use drugs and alcohol at school every day. Virtually NO behavioral or legal consequences and NO legitimate program to try and prevent this behavior
HY: Encouraged violence and assaultive behavior on other children and adults.
WCSD: Encourages violent, assaultive behavior on students and adults by not enforcing state laws and school policies that would prevent it.
HY: Placed no real emphasis on academic learning. The purpose of schools was to serve as a propaganda incubator for teaching ideology:
- Creating future “soldiers” to replenish the ranks of the dominant political party and prevent the growth of any opposition
- Undermining traditional social structures and values.
- Identifying for children who their enemies were, and teaching them to blame these individuals and groups for their OWN shortcomings.
WCSD: Ditto, and the list of “enemies” they’re taught to blame includes: White people, Christians and Christian parents, hetero-sexuals, Constitutionalists, Conservatives, Republican voters, and more.
HY: Removed any motivation for children to want to become the best. Those who worked hard and accomplished much, and those who did not, were rewarded equally. Obedience to ideological values of the government was the most important thing.
WCSD: Ditto. WCSD awards diplomas to thousands of students every year those test scores prove prove them to be functionally illiterate.
HY: Worked patiently, steadily, and gradually to implement freedom-restricting policies, until they became the “new normal.”
WCSD: Has multiple policies for both staff AND students that threaten them if they publicly speak out regarding abuses and illegal activity that they observe at school.
Less than 3% of the German people voted for the Nazi party in its first election. And yet, that small group ultimately influenced the other 98% into accepting the destructive practices described above.
WCSD schools are being run over a cliff by much LESS than 3%.
They are being irreparably ruined by 3 things.
1) We have a superintendent who is allowing our schools’ problems to continue and increase because she has no experience in solving them.
The superintendent has been in the district for approximately one year, and our schools are WORSE than when she was hired.
2) We have an entire school-board-minus-one who ALSO has no experience in fixing dysfunctional schools. The Board’ arrogance and pride won’t let them admit they made a huge mistake in hiring a completely unqualified leader. Meanwhile, our children’s and our county’s futures continue to suffer.
3) The120,000 parents of the 60,000 students who remain in our school district are the biggest part of this problem.
Making a choice they will regret for the rest of their lives, these parents are trading their children’s learning, safety, and futures for 7 hours per day of “free” childcare.
“Those who don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” (George Santayana)
From a career Supervisor of Students with WCSD:
“I would tell the parents or grandparents of any school-age child: ‘Do whatever you have to do to keep your children OUT of WCSD schools, not just because they will not LEARN, but because they will not be SAFE.’ The existing system needs to be totally rebuilt, and those responsible for it need to be removed …COMPLETELY!”