CONSERVATIVE TALK LUNCH (CTL)
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
11:00-1:00pm for meeting
The list of “My Picks” for upcoming Primary election is available for the asking. If interested, email me at email@example.com. ~ Carole
Daily & Weekly
* Monday-Friday, 5:00-8:00 AM, 780 AM (KKOH) The Mitchell Show, with Ross Mitchell and Ryan, also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Monday-Friday, 3:00-5:00 PM, 780 AM (KKOH) Dan Mason Show. Also live-streamed at HTTP://BIT.LY/14EQCG. Battling Liberals daily. Call in lines are 775-852-8255 or 800-564-5564.
* Tuesday, 12:00noon, Scheels Conference Room (upstairs), In-Person Constitution Study Group, led by Richard “Dick” Westrup, 775-747-1238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* Wednesday, 4:00pm, Constitution Study Group. Virtually, for now. Contact Bruce Parks for the link, 1NEVADAPATRIOT@GMAIL.COM.
* Every Thursday, 2:00-3:00 pm, CEO Business Mind on WWW.TALKZONE.COM, which can be accessed online anytime.
- Sat, May 28, 10-12noon (1st shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Sat, May 28, 1-3pm (2nd shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Sat, May 28, 12-1pm, Car Rally for Edgard Hitti for School Bd. Meet at the Plumb & Lakeside Savemart parking and tour midtown in a loop, honking and carrying signs for Ed.
- Sun, May 29, meet at 9am for a 10am departure, Sparks Nugget West parking lot, Flag Parade, celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of the Flag Parade movement.
- Thur, June 2, doors open 5:30pm, Atlantis, Red Move Nevada presents Candidates Debates with candidates for Assembly District 40 (PK O’Neill and Gary Schmidt) and candidates for State Senate District 16 (Don Tatro and Monica Jaye). $50/members, $55/non-members, $5 more for every category at the door. RSVP: redmovenevada.com.
- Thur, June 2, 6-8pm, Meet & Greet Fundraiser for Joey Gilbert for Governor, 2385 Eagle Bend Trail, Reno
- Fri, June 3, 6-8pm, State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Meet & Train for Boots on the Ground
- Sat, June 4, 10-12noon (1st shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Sat, June 5, 1-3pm (2nd shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Sat, June 5, 2-4pm, Helicopter Parts International Hanger, 2150 Meridian Ave, Minden. US Senate Duty First Rally for Sam Brown.
- Wed, June 8, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, email@example.com or 775-622-9811.
- Thur, June 9, 11:00 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Wen Chen,PhD – what life was like in China.
- Fri, June 10, 6-8pm, State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Meet & Train for Boots on the Ground
- Sat, June 11, 10-12noon (1st shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Sat, June 12, 1-3pm (2nd shift), State GOP Headquarters, 3502 S. Virginia. Boots on the ground.
- Tue, June 14, 5:15 social, 6:00 dinner, 6:45 speaker, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley Ln, The Hayek Group. Program: Kris Thompson, Project Mgr of TRIC with “tricks” we can learn from the TRIC development. $40/per person w/reservation by midnight June 10, $45 at the door. https://www.thehayekgroup.org/event-what-tricks-can-we-learn-from-the-development-of-tric-tahoe-reno-industrial-center-that-can-facilitate-economic-development-more-generally-june-14-2022/?mc_cid=0b6772676e&mc_eid=90dbf8fe3b
- Wed, June 15, 11:00am, Atlantis 2nd Floor, Washoe Republican Women (WRW). Program: Lt Gov candidate Tony Grady and the 2022 Barbara Vucanovich Scholarship Award presentation. $35/members, $40/non-members, $45/walk-ins. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wed, June 22, 11:00am doors open; meeting 11:30-1:00pm, King buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $21 for full buffet, beverage, tax and gratuity. To be on the agenda, please contact Carole Fineberg, email@example.com or 775-622-9811.
- The movie “2000 Mules” is playing at the Summit Mall Cinemark, but for how long, I don’t know. I saw it last night and it is a must-see for anyone with an interest in fair elections.
- Flag parade on Sunday, May 29, meet at 9am to take off by 10 for 2nd anniversary of flag parades. Meet at the Sparks Nugget West parking lot. Joey Gilbert’s bus will be making a special appearance in Reno for this event.
Guy Nohra, Candidate for Governor – Battleborn Tour across the state, 10K miles, he has spoken to thousands of people. Born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1960 and participated in the Lebanese Civil War at 15, as a Lebanese Christian. He trained for 4 months, commando training in the mountains, lying to his parents that he was going to Boy Scout camp. He knows the depths and importance of the 2nd Amendment. Mid-war, his commanding officer called him in and walked him home. His parents flew him to America. He ended up in Alameda High School. Strict Catholic upbringing in Lebanon, but when he started high school, he was surprised that kids were hugging and kissing in the hallways after the long summer break. He joined the football team because he was a fast runner. Then he joined a rock ‘n roll band because he wanted to be American. Finished HS, applied to Stanford. Everyone told him what he wanted couldn’t be done. But he applied to Stanford and got in. He joined a fraternity. Heard Reagan speak and learned everything he knows and does politically from Reagan.
In 1983, he became a US Citizen, a supremely proud moment for him. He was exporting and learned the medical field. Applied to University of Chicago for Business School and got in, where he learned so much about economics and the business world. He became a Venture Capitalist and invested in life science companies, starting companies from scratch and taking them all the way to the finished product and market. His companies have cured 3 types of cancer. He has sat on 25 Boards of Directors. He is a businessman, first and foremost. All these disciplines he carries with him to run the state. He has been on 20 audit committees and we need to audit every department. He was able to discern what was a real problem with COVID and what could be ignored. He jumped into this race because, for the 2nd time in his life, he feels the need to help save his people. www.nohra4nv.com
Key issues are:
Governance – make the state work well for you; audit every committee, department.
Issues – he travels the state, talks to people up and down. Education is the #1 issue. Will have an Education Summit, inviting everyone in the State with a stake in education. He is for school choice and charter schools.
Election Integrity – voter ID, everybody.
Amy Tarkanian, in support of husband Danny, Candidate for Congressional District 2 – debate tonight on Channel 2 at 7pm, Lombardo, Gilbert, Heller, Lee, Nohra. Danny is a Douglas County Commissioner and moved here from Las Vegas 3 years ago. Ran during COVID when no one could hold fundraisers or meet & greets or go door-to-door. He and his family stood on street corners with signs and he won. He fought for the residents and changed the minds of all the other commissioners, who started voting for the residents. He’s won every Primary, but lost by 1% against Jacky Rosen. Danny does not back down, fights for you. He is doing this with his family. Amodei has not done what we sent him to DC for. www.tarkfornv.com. Facts only.
Colleen Westlake, Candidate for School Board B – there are rats in our kitchen. We have Republicans in our midst, either incumbent or running for office and they are supporting candidates for School Board who have voted in lock-step with Angie Taylor. We Republicans are running as a team with Melanie Sutton, Cathy Kennedy Reyes, Colleen Westlake, Edgard Hitti, Graeme Reid to flip at least 3 seats. We need to save our schools, our cities, our State and our Country. Unless we have a backbone and support Conservative candidates, we will be lost.
Cathy Kennedy Reyes – Candidate for School Board B – our hearts go out to Texas with 19 students/teachers gunned down there. Cathy has 21 years as a Federal Special Agent and she knows how the game is played. We have sell-outs. Our incumbent School Board representative (Ellen Minetto) claimed to be a Republican when we voted her in, but has pretty consistently voted with the communist agenda.
Melanie Sutton – School Board District C – She will not back down in any fight. The election is almost 3 weeks away. Please, everyone, call everyone you know and urge them to vote in this election. Early voting begins May 28 and election day is June 14.
Gary Schmidt – Conservative candidate for AD 40, endorsed by Chuck Muth, Liberty Watch, and all the conservative groups. His opponent voted for the largest tax increase in the NV’s history in 2015. The most important race in northern NV is Mike Clark for County Commission. The 2nd most important race here is to return Jeanne Herman to her County Commission seat.
Greg Juhl – for AD26 – has a daughter in middle school here; he is an Emergency Room doctor. He’s taken care of 50K Nevadans. Vouchers, we should have a say in where our kids go to school. Let’s do away with the gas tax and the smog checks. Stands for Article 5, Convention of States.
Ricci Rodriguez-Elkins – for AD30, primarily Sparks, but a large swath of Reno is included as well – There is some confusion regarding Article 5. She understands it is very controversial in some circles. Please go to website to find out the truth yourself. Since 2020, she felt like she had to get involved someway, somehow. She started looking at options. Found Convention of States, talked to Mark Meckler and she was invited to be a District leader, of which she is very proud. She started a chat online to see that protections are in place to safe our Republic. 19 states have already approved the process. She could sit back and relax, but she is a fighter. If you have a problem with her opinions or stances, call her and discuss. 775-240-5143. Part of what a legislator has to do is listen to all opinions and put them together to make an informed decision, which will be based on what is best for our City, our County, our State and the whole country.
Juanita Cox – The State Platform and the RNC Platform specifically has an article against Convention of States.
Lynn Chapman – In March 2021, the Munich Security Council received $$ from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to run a test run on a pandemic of monkey pox. The bulk vaccine for Monkeypox and Smallpox is available.
Brett DeLaire – for AD26 – Graduate of Georgetown U in Economics. He is a constitutional Conservative. Make NV a Constitutional state. Wants to ease up on small business taxes. Ban CRT and other Marxist ideologies that wants to be taught in schools. Dr Robert Malone says face masks do nothing to stop COVID. There was not an overall rise in deaths in 2020 and he has the stats to prove that. This was a regular flu that takes 1000s of lives every year. Klaus Schwab and Larry Fink influenced the global economy to encourage millions of the public to take an unproved concoction of who knows what. This is Communism. He’s the only candidate in the Assembly 26 5-man race who is talking about this.
Mike Clark – for County Commission 2 – As current Assessor has stood up against all odds and saved the public from thousands in taxes. He is running against someone who has gone full bore to smear his name and besmirch his reputation. We have a medical examiner, who gets into touch with the Registrar of Voters and has them removed from the voter rolls. The County Clerk, the County Treasurer, all could work together to get our voter rolls in order very quickly. The county has been throwing millions of dollars at the homeless issue, but no census, no accountability with more $$ does not work. If you want to build a house, a patio, a patio cover, they make it almost impossible, but the current CARES campus (built with taxpayer $$) bypassed all those rules. The other side is fighting to keep their corrupt power.
Chuck Lanham – Michael Knowles talked about the “pollyanna” look at school boards. Mentioned several extremely disparate issues as part of a curriculum that are directly responsible for distancing and dividing races. Police killings of people of color; Racial proportionality of COVID deaths; what it would take to relieve us of this disparity. Two books are essential reading: Liberty in Peril by Randall C Holcomb (the Constitution is very different today than what it was). The Founders’ Speech to a Nation in Crisis by Steven Rabb. Chuck publishes a daily missive of wisdom and musings. If you want to be on Chuck’s daily list. firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald Fossum, Patriot & Concerned Citizen – carries campaign info for a lot of people. He is speaking for Joey Gilbert, when he represented us when we were in lock-down and he called out the Gov Sisolak for the scum that he is. Look at Joey’s education stance and what he has promised that he is going to do, but brings with him the experience of what he is going to do. He’s been behaving governor-like. We owe him our allegiance and support.
Jeanne Herman – We need to elect Mike Clark and Denise Myer in order to have any kind of say in the County Commission decisions. Please help get them elected and urge everyone you know to vote.
Nicôl Herris, President of Republican Women of Reno (RWR) talked about several issues:
1) Registrar of Voters is training and needs people to be Poll Workers. Call Shannon, 775-328-3681. Use Nicôl’s name. Fill out paperwork online, then take a test that is pretty difficult to get 80%. We also need more people to observe. Go to Washoe Republican HQs or to Nevada State HQs to sign up.
2) Manny Kess, for State Treasurer will be in town Thursday at the, Lighthouse Coffee in Sparks. www.mannyforNV.com. He’s a really viable alternative to Michele Fiore for State Treasurer.
3) Boots on the Ground – each Republican Women’s club is taking a weekend at State GOP office, 3502 S. Virginia. Please help stop at Washoe GOP or NV GOP offices and volunteer.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, June 8, same time, same place.