Mark Your Calendar
* Thur, Nov 11, 11:00am, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: North Las Vegas Mayor and candidate for Governor, John Lee. Online reservations paid in advance. www.rwreno.org.
* Tue, Nov 16, 6:00pm, 1150 E. William, PUC Consumer Session. In the 11th hour of the 2021 Legislative Session, a bill was passed that the PUC will be able to spend $100M for charging stations all over the state. Who’s paying the bill? Nevada Energy customers only (basically Clark and Washoe, as rurals and other cities have cooperatives where they get their energy). We should not be subsidizing the entire state. The whole state should pay if it benefits the whole state (or about 30K electric car users in the state). Let’s caravan/carpool and give them a piece of our minds. Meet 5pm, Summit Mall Cinemark Theaters; we will leave promptly at 5:15.
* Wed, Nov 17, 5pm Social, 6pm Dinner, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: School Board Trustee Jeff Church, School Board candidate Bruce Parks. $40/members; $45/guests by 11/14@5pm. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site/
* Wed, Nov 24, 11:00 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $17.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811. No Meeting due to Holiday
* Mon, Nov 29, 6:30pm, Elm Estate, 1401 W. 2nd St, Washoe County Republican Central Committee (WCRCC) meeting.
* Tue, Dec 7, 6:30-8:30pm, Elm Estate, 1401 W. 2nd St, Joey Gilbert for Governor Fundraiser. $200-2500. 775-440-0544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Flyer Attached)
* Wed, Dec 8, 11:00 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $17.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, Dec 9, 11:00am doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR) luncheon meeting. Program: TBD.
* Thur, Dec 9, 4:30-6:30pm, Elm Estate, 1401 W. 2nd St. Reno, Washoe County Republican Central Committee (WCRCC) Holiday Reception. RSVPs a MUST, more info to follow.
* Wed, Dec 22, 11:00 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting. King Buffet, 3650 Kietzke, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). $17.50 for full buffet, beverage, tax & gratuity. For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811. No Meeting due to Holiday
Tues, Nov 16, 6:00pm, Nov 16, Public Utilities Commission (PUC) Consumer Session, 1150 E. William, Carson City. In the 11th hour of the 2021 Legislative Session, SB448 was passed that NVE will be able to spend $100M for charging stations all over the state. Who’s paying the bill? Nevada Energy customers only (basically Clark and Washoe, as rurals and other cities have cooperatives where they get their energy). We should not be subsidizing the entire state. The whole state should pay if it benefits the whole state (or about 30K electric car users in the state). It is reported that in some areas, another company is supposedly going to be collecting the proceeds and therefore, should be paying for the installations, not us! Any charging stations installed outside of NVE service territory should not be paid for by the ratepayers inside the NVE service area.
Please join me to caravan/ carpool to Carson City next Tuesday. Meet at 5:00pm at the Summit Mall, near the Cinemark Theaters. We will leave PROMPTLY at 5:15.
If you cannot join us on November 16, then please send me an email (email@example.com) by 2:30pm on Tuesday. Include your complete NAME, ADDRESS and COMMENTS using the talking points above – in your own words – and about the unfair structure of this bill, about how Nevada Energy is supposed to supply energy to homes and businesses, not cars and that this is completely out of order. I will see to it that these comments are added to the record.
Today marks the 246th Birthday of the Marine Corps on November 10, 1775. Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!
COVID Update – Many of our fellow CTLers have the China virus, some sicker than others. That is why our banquet room is only half full today and there are many absentees. It is suspected that several of them contracted it at the NV Federation of Republican Women (NvFRW) Convention held in Las Vegas Oct 22-23. They were not sick right away and showed up at the School Board meeting on Oct 25 and Central Committee meeting on Oct 26 and CTL on Oct 27 and gave it to others. Be careful, be safe and if you think you need it, call Joey Gilbert or Dr. Bruce Fong or frontlinedoctors.com. You need Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine very quickly after you notice the first symptoms (fever, chills, loss of taste and smell), so do not delay.
Joey Gilbert, candidate for Governor, has been cris-crossing the State. Today he received the endorsement of Gen Michael Flynn and Freedom Caucus Congressman Mark Meadows. Joey has 4 priorities: election integrity, COVID insanity, cleaning up public schools, economy. We have the highest unemployment in the nation. If candidates don’t talk about election integrity, keep looking for a different candidate. Questions you should use to determine candidates:
* Did they sensor the truth? (election integrity)
* Do they peddle the fear? (mask/vax mandates -masks do nothing and the vax has stuff in it we don’t even know). FL has been open for business and maskless in-person schools Aug, 2020 and they have a lower death rate than any other state.
* Do they play the game? (unless County Commission, School Bd members speak out against mandating the Fauci Ouchie, they are playing the game. Mandates have no place in a free society.
High school seniors are 60-75% functionally illiterate. 90% read at 8th grade level. Our schools are dead last of the 50 States and have failed our students miserably.
Crime statistics in Las Vegas are off the charts, up 110%; homocide has increased; 130% increase in carjackings; #2 in the nation in child trafficking. In business, if you don’t put out a good work product, you’re out.
Joey will enforce the law on the homeless. Some of them will straighten out with the threat of being locked up.
Nevada received the 2nd largest COVID relief funding in the US. How does that happen with 3.12Million people, when most states have way more population than do we.
He has just filed a lawsuit against UNR for the vax mandate. Remdesevir has been touted as a great cure, but it has a 30% death rate and it destroys the vital organs in the others who don’t die. Terrible drug; don’t ever take it! Joey would like to see Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin available without a prescription over the counter to patients for free.
School Board update – There are 7 Trustees on the Board. Three have resigned and been replaced not by Conservatives, but at least they are not in lockstep with Board President Angie Taylor, so her dictatorial agenda isn’t always followed. Superintendent Kristin McNeil has resigned, effective June, 2022. Jeff Church’s censure is postponed and could be DOA, especially since all Trustees are not in lockstep with Angie Taylor.
RTC5 – Watch for this automatic increase in taxes at the pump every July. The County Commission has the opportunity to stop its increase or slow it. Gas in Carson City is $.40-.50 cheaper per gallon. www.gilbertforgovernor.com
Mike Clark – County Assessor – has shared with us some FACTS in 2 articles he wrote: “Why I Couldn’t Be Part of a Washoe County Cover-Up” and also, “A Tale of Two Drunk Drivers.” Both are attached herewith. Read them and understand the level of corruption in County government, law enforcement and the judicial branch.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, December 8, same time, same place, unless you hear otherwise from me.
Have a good month and a Happy Turkey Day,
giving THANKS for all things.