* Wed, Feb 24, 5:00pm, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: TBA. RSVP by 1/23. $35/members, $40/non-members. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site/.
* Fri, Feb 26, 9- 11:30am, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Election Workshop – “Make Your Voice Heard: Election Fairness.” $10 includes breakfast. Also being live-streamed. To acquire live-stream link, contact Kathy Doyle, email@example.com.
* Sun, Feb 28, check local listings for time, Trump to speak at C-PAC. rsbnetwork.com online, but it might be on Fox News, Newmax, OAN or C-SPAN on TV.
* Sun, Feb 28, 2:00pm, Code Coffee, 300 S. Wells, NV Grassroots Patriots meeting.
* Tue, Mar 2, 2:00pm, WCSD HQs, 425 E. 9th St., WCSD Trustee Policy meeting (open to public).
* Mon, Mar 8, 2:00pm, WCSD HQs, 425 E. 9th St., WCSD SHARE (Sex Ed) Committee meeting.
* Tue, Mar 9, 4:00pm, Hug High School, Washoe County School Board meeting.
* Wed, Mar 10, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, Mar 11, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Spokespersons from Federation of Republican Women, Washoe County Republican Party and possibly other area leaders. $30/Members, $35/non-members. Limited to 50 attendees. RSVP https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4103080I
* Wed, Mar 24, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
Pledge of Allegiance
1) Mike Lindell’s “Absolute Proof ” – this is the 2-hour documentary Mike Lindell produced that documents the widespread election fraud on November 3-4, 2020. If you haven’t seen it, this is a must-see!
2) Melanie Sutton, formerly of Washoe Patriots, is separating from Washoe Patriots and is now NVGrassroots.com and is all about educating folks the Constitutional laws pertaining to masks, shut-downs, Governor’s edict and non-confrontational approach to businesses and governmental entities. This group is meeting on Sunday, Feb 28, 2:00pm, at Code Coffee, 300 S. Wells. It is at the southeast corner of Wells and Ryland, facing Ryland, but address is Wells. Melanie can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-313-5288.
3) Growing movement for 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Counties. From Missouri:
4) Horrific, scary feature-length documentary about the COVID “vaccine” and what’s in it and in the testing swabs.
5) Caroline Smith – with a fundraiser for Mt Rose Republican Women. They have partnered with Sparks Florist and for $40, you can get a sweet small flower bouquet each month for 12 months. Contact Caroline if you want to participate: email@example.com or 775-813-3315
6) Sandra Linares is a certified NRA Instructor and has Freedom Rings Firearms Training Academy which offers classes for everything from Basic Pistol to Rifle to CCW and everything in between. All classes are listed on her website, freedomringsfirearmstrainingacademy.com. Questions not answered on her website may be directed to Sandra herself, 775-741-7000.
Paul White – School Board is even more messed than we knew. On the racial issue, from This Is Reno: “Board President Angie Taylor weighed in. ‘Do we want to be inclusive? Absolutely! Do we want to open ourselves up to [a situation], well, ‘I identify as white therefore I am a white supremacist fan?’ she asked. “Anybody supremacist is bad, but if we start looking at groups and people’s identity, whiteness is an identification too. It’s not necessarily negative, but it certainly can be.” https://thisisreno.com/2021/02/school-district-reviews-policy-that-prohibited-staff-from-discussing-black-lives-matter-and-lgbtq/
Paul called her on it publicly, then sent a personal email also stating that if a white person on the Board had said the same thing that “blackness…is not necessarily negative, but it certainly can be,” she would have that person’s head on a platter and drummed off the Board post haste.
Recently the Superintendent used school funds to broadcast to 60K families her negative opinions on the Jan 6 rally/march/riot in DC. Rule 1310 has heretofore prohibited teachers/staff from expressing their personal opinions on candidates or political issues. When the Superintendent violated that rule, it was changed. Rule 1310 has been re-written to include leftist language about race, LGBTQ and it’s considered multi-culturalism. If a conservative dialogue is engaged it, it is considered racist and is not allowed.
Paul talked about discipline in the classroom, which is virtually non-existent. If a student is rude or curses or touches/hits/stabs a teacher, he is sent to the Principal’s office and released in a few minutes back to class. Then a meeting is arranged with the kid, his parents, the teacher and the Principal where the first question asked is “Teacher, what did you do to provoke this student?”
Paul also firmly believes Jeff Church needs to take off the gloves and be a lot stronger with the School Board. We know he’s trying to get along, but they’re not going to like him no matter what he does or how nice he is doing it, so he might as well get his licks in. He’s our last best hope to get in their faces and make an impact.
Paul has sent a pretty detailed outline of kids should be learning in school in a letter to the Trustees. Click HERE to see that letter.
Jeff Church – even though he is home and not feeling well, he updated me via email.
* The Trustee Budget Meeting was held and Jeff strongly advocated for immediate action, an emergency Budget Committee, etc… Result: Nothing – no action.
* Jeff is preparing a long input research paper in on ideas, compromises and expects to be ignored.
* Kudos to Paul White for his involvement. Great job at School Board Tuesday. Nailed the Board President.
* Racism Indoctrination: He expects it to pass. Please keep opposition emails coming in to BoardMembers@WashoeSchools.net
* Tues, March 2 – Trustee Policy Committee- open to public, 2 PM, WCSD HQs
* Mon, March 8 – SHARE (Sex Ed) Committee meets March 8 at 2 PM
* Tues, March 9 – WCSD Board meeting, presumably 4pm, Hug High
Janine Hansen of Nevadafamilies.org is a citizen lobbyist in Carson City during Legislature. She leaves her home and her husband in Elko and moves into an apartment in Carson City for the entirety of the Legislative session so she can be a warrior for conservative values… and she’s been doing it since 1971! She talked about some bills coming down the pike:
* Four (4) tax increases for Reno/Washoe
SB10 – changes the property tax cap of 3% to a mandatory 3% every year.
SB64 – changes the depreciation of property from 1.5% per year to 1%/year.
SB11 – increase car registration in Reno and Sparks
SB73 – establishes a committee to recommend increasing taxes on a variety of good and services, including sales taxes on lodging, sales, property,
SB121 – eliminates party primaries in favor of open primaries. Any party can participate and vote for anyone on the ballot, regardless of affiliation. This is being done in CA with BAAADDDD results.
* Three bad education bills:
AB19 – removes “government” from the social studies curriculum and adds “multi-culturalism. This includes homeschooling, which has always had a pass on others.
SB 102 – changes admittance date for starting school from Sept 30 to Aug 1 for K-2 age children. This is a good bill!
SB111 – changes all elected School Board members to elect 4 of 7 SB members. Currently, this bill is strictly for Washoe and Clark counties, but could expand to rural counties. This basically removes some of our rights as citizens to elect our officials.
SB121 – Blanket or Jungle Primary – sponsored by Republican Ben Kieckhefer – eliminates party primaries. Heretofore, Rs and Ds select their candidates in a closed primary (American Independent Party selects its candidates in a private convention) – closed to all except their own party. Kieckhefer’s proposed legislation would open the primaries to all parties, with the 2 highest vote-getters winning, regardless of party. So it is completely possible to have 2 Ds vying for the same seat in the General Election. This policy has ruined CA.
* SJR8 – a radical Equal Rights Amendment. It sounds innocuous on the surface, but will mean unisex bathrooms and showers in schools and motels on school trips, boys can compete in girls’ sports, forces us to pay for abortions, loss of freedoms to teach our children basic religious principles as teaching marriage between a man and a woman will be considered hate speech. Bad on many levels, but has already passed the Legislature once in 2019. This is the 2nd pass and if successful, will move to a ballot measure in November, 2022.
The Republican Party platform says no on Equal Rights Amendment, but these Republicans voted for it in 2019:
Sen James Settelmeyer, 775-684-1470 off or 775-450-6114 cell (send a text!)
Sen Heidi Gansert, 775-684-1419, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen Ben Kieckhefer, 775-684-1450, email@example.com
Sen Keith Pickard, 775-684-1481, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen Joe Hardy, 775-684-1462, email@example.com
New Senator Carrie Buck. Please urge a strong NO vote on SJR8, 775-684-1457,
Thank these two Senators who voted against it in 2019 and urge same in 2021:
Sen Ira Hansen, 775-684-1480, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sen Pete Goicoechea, 775-684-1447, email@example.com
Gary Hagstrom – shared a text from Trump’s attorney Sidney Powell that there are still lawsuits pending and “indisputable proof is coming soon. Please consider going to www.defendingtherepublic.com, sign up for a minimum of $10/yr and get regular updates.
Nicol Herris – Republican Women of Reno (RWR) is holding a workshop on Friday, Feb 26, on Election Fairness and being able to effectively talk/write/call your legislators. The event is sold out, but it will be live-streamed. Contact Kathy Doyle for the live-stream link. firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, RWR is forming a “brigade” to show up at County Commission and School Bd and write into City Council and Legislature. Please consider signing up and committing to writing/speaking to one of those entities. Would you like to be on the Legislative Brigade or the Education Brigade?
Juanita Cox – Nevada State Republican Assembly President. We currently have 2 governments in play at the same time, as President Trump is still our legal President. Using US Code 18, Sec 4, she and Joannah Schumacher will be drafting a personal lawsuit against Biden and Co. to file for violation of the oath of office.
Gary Duarte sent me THIS after the meeting. It is a full expose on Hunter Biden from a 2019 Breitbart article, link embedded in the .pdf article. Take a look; it will make your hair curl. I also just recently found out that Jill Biden was Joe’s kids’ babysitter and he started an affair with her while his wife was in the hospital. Jill was barely out of minor age status at the time.
President Trump will be speaking on Sunday, Feb 28, at C-PAC. It will be broadcast perhaps in part on Fox News, Newsmax, OAN and in full on Right Side Broadcast Network (rsbnetwork.com).