* Wed, Feb 10, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, Feb 11, 11:00doors open; Red Hawk Golf Club, Wingfield Pkwy, Sparks. Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Loren Spivack, Free Market Warrior, author, lecturer. $30/Members, $35/non-members. Limited to 50 attendees. RSVP https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4103080I.
* Wed, Feb 24, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Wed, Feb 25, 5:00pm, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Mt Rose Republican Women (MRRW). Program: TBA. RSVP by 1/23. $35/members, $40/non-members. https://mt-rose-republican-women.square.site/.
* Fri, Feb 26, 9- 11:30am, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Election Workshop – “Make Your Voice Heard: Election Reform.” SAVE THE DATE. More info to follow.
* Wed, Mar 10, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Thur, Mar 11, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Spokespersons from Federation of Republican Women, Washoe County Republican Party and possibly other area leaders. $30/Members, $35/non-members. Limited to 50 attendees. RSVP https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4103080I
* Wed, Mar 24, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
Pledge of Allegiance
Bill Tarbell shared some wisdom.
Jeff Church – update from the School Board battlefield. Jeff had a hand-out about some of the many issues plaguing us as Washoe County citizens:
Homelessness – Reno/Washoe has done almost nothing. One new group, BuiltforZero, is trying to move services from Record St to a new facility, the Governor’s Bowl facility off Galletti Way. This would be a good move and praise to BuiltforZero and EDAWN and Downtown Business Improvement District for working on this.
Drugs – Reno & County have a terrible drug use “tolerance” policy of both Reno PD and Fire Dept, with stated acceptance levels of cocaine, heroin, LSD in police and fire employees.
Taxes – At least 2 tax increase measures (sales tax and car registration, at present) will be on the 2022 ballot.
Open Meeting Law (OML) – NV Atty Gen’l has a backlog of OML complaints going back years, COVID has restricted attendance at City Council meetings, violating OML laws. However, you can attend a County Commission or a School Board meeting and casinos.
Reno Salaries – out of control. Reno Fire got a large pay raise and RPD are receiving huge salaries.
School Board – 14 committees on the Board, but not a single one on quality of education. There’s even a committee to name new schools. Jeff needs help with public support at school board meetings, every other Tuesday, 4pm at different schools. Watch this space for where the next meeting is, but it should be Feb. 9.
Cindy Martinez – update from County Commission meeting 1/26. Our friend, Commissioner Jeanne Herman wants the County Commission to put something on the agenda to declare Washoe in an economic emergency due to the pandemic. Chair Bob Lucey will not agendize that item and at the Tuesday, 1/26 meeting, he stated he can’t do anything to go against Gov Sis. He admitted publicly he kept that item off the Agenda deliberately.
Nicholas St. Jon – with Washoe Patriots. Along with Melanie Sutton, Washoe Patriots is making waves. Their goal is to train, educate and organize to make a difference. They want different teams to go to City Council meetings, County Commission meetings and School Board meetings, without duplicating effort, but covering us and letting them hear from us. At the last County Commission meeting, new Commissioner Alex Hill seemed attentive to what they were speaking about. DO NOT POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA. They have a meeting Saturday, Jan 30, 12:30pm. Location will be disclosed upon calling me or Melanie. Carole 775-622-9811; Melanie 775-313-5288. Sign up for information on their approach, their goals, what to do and how you can help. www.washoepatriots.com
H.R.1 in US Congress right now!!! – Nevada Election Laws on steroids
The bill that will destroy America. Nationwide mail-in voting, banning restrictions on ballot harvesting, banning voter ID, criminal voters, DC Statehood roadwork.
1) Internet-only registration with electronic signature submission.
2) Banning the requirement to provide a full SSN for voter registration.
3) Nationwide ‘Motor Voter’ registration.
4) 16 year olds required to be registered to vote.
5) Nationwide same-day registration.
6) Grants ($25M) for using minors in election activities.
7) More children voters.
8) Prohibiting attempts to clean voter rolls of non-residents.
9) Murderers and rapists can vote.
10) Mandatory early voting.
11) NATIONWIDE VOTE BY MAIL, BAN ON BALLOT PROTECTION MEASURES, LEGALIZED LIMITLESS BALLOT HARVESTING.
12) Banning voter ID.
13) Roadwork for DC statehood and territory statehood.
14) COMPLETE CONGRESSIONAL TAKEOVER OF REDISTRICTING.
We cannot let this stand. This is going to lead to Soviet style purges of conservatives. We must PEACEFULLY RESIST this totalitarian takeover. Write your Congressman Mark Amodei, https://amodei.house.gov/email-me. or telephone, (775) 686-5760 (Reno office) or (202) 225-6155. Write or call your Senators: Jackie Rosen, (202) 224-6244 or (775) 337-0110 (No email webform). Catherine Cortez-Masto, https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/contact/connect or phone (202) 224-3542 or (775) 686-5750
Joe McElhinney We must keep fighting these Draconian policies to take our guns away. If they extinguish the filibuster, they can ram through any bill they want with a simple majority including packing the Supreme Court, adding Washington, DC and Puerto Rico as states which will undoubtedly have Dem Reps and Senators which will make electing a Republican president in the future almost impossible.
So please take action recommended by Gunowner’s of America.
Joe S. McElhinney III, D.D.S.
Laser Dentistry and Cosmetic Rejuvenation
1181 University Ridge Drive
Reno, NV 89512
Jan 6 video of a Trump supporter asking Capitol Police to get back-up and stop the Capitol from being destroyed.
Simon Parkes et al – Are they liars?
1) All set to go on Inauguration Day – everyone present (including Hunter) – dirty bomb threat that if Trump or anyone tried anything, the bomb would explode. The plug was pulled on the operation.
2) Biden is not in power.
* US is under military power
* Biden has no power whatsoever
* Signed blank EOs
* Denied access to or briefings from Pentagon
3) The operation is in the hands of the military and the good Lord and will happen without advance warning this time, when it is deemed necessary/important to do it. We cannot rush this.
4) I, for one, cannot believe Trump would take the slings and arrows of the last 4 years and then just walk away, leaving this country in such incompetent hands.
5) Some websites to go to:
www.Digitalwarriorsusa.com – there is info on Convention of States (COS)
REGARDLESS WHETHER THIS RUMOR ABOUT TRUMP TURNS OUT TO BE TRUE OR NOT, VERY LITTLE OF THAT WILL AFFECT WASHOE COUNTY OR NEVADA. We still need to help here doing whatever we can: speak out at County Commission, School Board, the Legislature. Let City Council know via email what we’re thinking and what changes we want made. Make phone calls to alert others to speak out. Sign up with Washoe Patriots, www.washoepatriots.com and get info on their meetings. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
… and PRAY!