* Thur, Mar 11, 11:00 doors open, Red Hawk Golf Club, Republican Women of Reno (RWR). Program: Jim DeGraffenried, Republican National Committeeman talking about election fraud and what is being done and Caroline Smith from Federation of Republican Women, Washoe County Republican Party and Mt. Rose Republican women. $30/Members, $35/non-members. Limited to 50 attendees. RSVP https://republicanwomenofreno.wildapricot.org/event-4103080I
* Sat, Mar 13, Flatten the Curve Rally, meet 10:30am Apple Store in Summit Mall/ carpool & caravan to Carson, leaving promptly at 11:00. This is to help us all remember we’ve been locked down for one full year. There will be speakers (Monica Jaye for one) and patriotic spirit in front of the Capitol Bldg. Bring signs and flags. (Click HERE for Flyer)
* Tue, Mar 16, 10:00am, Washoe County Commission, 1001 E. 9th St., Peaceful Protest/Music/Fun. (Click HERE for Flyer)
* Tue, Mar 16, 11:00 doors open, Atlantis, Republican Men’s Club (RMC). Program: Jerry Evans, Owner/manager of Evans Broadcasting talking on the Cancel Culture. $25/members; $30/non-members. RSVP: www.republicanmensclub.org
* Fri, Mar 19, 8:30-11:00am, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley Lane, RWR Brigade Launch.
$10 includes breakfast. Limited to 50. rwreno.org,
* Wed, Mar 24, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
* Tue, Apr 6, 6:00pm, Washoe County Republican Assembly (WCRA) meeting. Location – TBA
* Thur, Apr 8, 5:15 social/cocktails, 6:00 dinner, 6:30 speaker, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley Lane, The Hayek Group. Program: Karen England discussing “Is Today’s K-12 Classroom a ‘Progressive’ Training Ground?” $35/per person with reservations by 4/4. $40 at the door. https://www.thehayekgroup.org/event-is-todays-k-12-classroom-a-progressive-training-ground/
* Wed, Apr 14, 10:45 to dine/11:30-1:00 meeting, Paisan’s Old World Deli, 6550 Longley, Conservative Talk Lunch (CTL). For more information, contact Carole Fineberg, 775-622-9811.
Pledge of Allegiance
* Lynn Chapman – Several bills coming down the pike to watch and call and write about.
At 1:30 today is AB198 to mandate genetic testing after age 40 (to presumably force mothers to have an abortion if the baby is not perfect – although it doesn’t say that).
4:00pm today is a hearing on AJR3, which is mis-labeled “climate change” yet has nothing to do with that. This is lock up 30% of private land, water and mineral rights that is currently privately owned.
3:30pm on Mar 11 is SB149 pertaining to well water and the establishment of a Groundwater Commission… more bureaucracy.
8:00am, March 11, AB202 pertains to limiting the amount a charitable organization holding charitable lotteries is able to be assessed.
Watch for SB134, which changes the organ donations from an “opt-in” service to an “opt-out”. If one doesn’t specifically mark that they don’t want their organs donated, they are automatically in the organ donor program.
SHARE YOUR OPINION: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/81st2021/ I’m told an email on this form only goes to your Legislator.
Or better yet, click HERE for the names, emails and phone numbers for all Legislators in Carson City. At the bottom of this document, note the tabs for Assembly and Senate Committees. To find what Committee a bill is in, go to www.leg.state.nv.us homepage, click on NELIS in the upper right corner of the homepage. Once there, click on LEGISLATION in the upper toolbar with the white band. You will be able to search for the bill, whether Assembly (AB, AJR) or Senate (SB, SJR). Once you find that bill, click on TEXT. At the top of the full text, will be what Committee. Because they are monitoring emails, please call each Committee member and provide a couple short sentences why you like or dislike a certain bill and call early and often, daily would help.
Or even better still, call in and testify when the bill is up for a hearing. Click HERE for Janine’s info on how to call in and testify on the phone.
* Nicol Herris – told us about the Republican Women of Reno (RWR) various brigades and how there is a Brigade Launch Workshop on March 19 at Paisan’s, 8:30-11:00. The first brigade to be launched will be the Education Brigade and that team will visit the School Board meetings and have their voices heard on everything from unisex restrooms to anti-racial ‘rules’ to the quality of education. Be a part of an active Women’s Club doing what will make a difference for us all.
* “A New Zealander 9 Starter Steps to Save America From Socialism” Interesting article. Click HERE to read it in its entirety.
Bruce Parks – talked about the School Board meeting Tuesday evening that met at Hug High in the gymnasium. Poor acoustics, coupled with being 60′ away and completely unable to hear anything that was said. That is a violation of the Open Meeting Law (OML) and a complaint can be filed. If AG Aaron Ford gets enough complaints, it may compel him to do something about it. If you were at that meeting on March 9 at Hug, please file a complaint, https://ag.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/agnvgov/Content/Complaints/Open_Meeting_Law_Complaint_Form_Type_Print.pdf and send it to the Attorney General’s office (as the link says at the top of the form), but also consider sending it to the RGJ, Channel 2, Channel 4 and each of the School Board of Trustees. BoardMembers@WashoeSchools.net
SJR8 – a radical Equal Rights Amendment. It sounds innocuous on the surface, but will mean unisex bathrooms and showers in schools and motels on school trips, boys can compete in girls’ sports, forces us to pay for abortions, loss of freedoms to teach our children basic religious principles as teaching marriage between a man and a woman will be considered hate speech. Bad on many levels, but has already passed the Legislature once in 2019. This is the 2nd pass and if successful, will move to a ballot measure for us to all vote on in November, 2022. This passed the Senate Committee, with Gansert voting for it and Senators Carrie Buck, Ira Hansen and Pete Goicoechea voting against. Thank them! We need to thank those 3 brave Senators who stood strong.
Jim Hindle, Vice-Chair of the Nevada State Republican Party. Jim announced that 1 week ago, nearly 123,000 complaints were hand-carried to the Secretary of State’s office pertaining to the Election Debacle of Nov 3, 2020. She acknowledged she received them. Names were named of the 42K who voted more than once; there were addresses that were on an empty lot or a business (prohibited). There were thousands of non-Nevadans voting. Call in to the Secretary of State’s office EARLY and OFTEN and ask what’s going on with the investigation of the 123K complaints. SoS Election Division direct line = 775-684-5705. Call every day. Be respectful, but ask the question about how that investigation is going. Also call the Chairs of the Election Committees in both legislative houses: Sen James Ohrenschall, 775-684-2143 and Assemblywoman Brittney Miller 775-684-8833. Call them EARLY and OFTEN too!
Tracey Thomas – A poll-worker in Washoe County for many years, noticed some odd anomalies in the November election. She has written a 7-page letter of what she saw and recommendations to improve and sent it to all the local and statewide authorities, Legislature, Secretary of State’s office, AG’s office and the County Commission. Of all those, only Commissioner Jeanne Herman sent it to me. Tracey is well-spoken and prepared a 1-page grid of 15 protocols that could be improved upon. Click HERE to see that. Share it far and wide. They will ignore, but we need to get the word out. Carole also sent Tracey’s letter to the election fraud team down in LV. She covered many of the key issues she saw that were not correct and took many questions from CTL attendees. Apparently each county can choose each election cycle what kind of election materials/hardware/software it will use. But with this system, Washoe County did not have access to the code on its own voting machines and was told it was proprietary, owned by foreign companies and we couldn’t have it.